Posted on: March 21, 2023
ResponsibilitiesPosition OverviewThe Development Associate will
be responsible for supporting the affordable housing development
team in all aspects of project development including: entitlements,
design, financial analysis and modeling, deal memo preparation, due
diligence, legal oversight, budgeting, and construction. This
position is a key support position that will provide the candidate
significant professional growth and exposure to all aspects of
affordable housing development.This position will be based in
Irvine or Los Angeles, California.To be considered, please ensure
you submit a resume and cover letter with your
application.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with all aspects of the development of affordable
multifamily projects: financing, entitlement/government approvals,
consultant coordination, public relations, design,
leasing/marketing, and construction oversight.
- Perform financial analysis and due diligence for new
development opportunities, assisting in underwriting and cash flow
analysis, and responding to Requests for Qualifications or
- Assist in preparing business plans, including deal memorandums,
annual operating plans, financial forecasts and strategic
- Compile detailed financing applications for various municipal
funding programs such as lowincome housing tax credits and
- Assist in coordinating loan draws, forecasting project budgets
and cash flows, and managing project deliverables.
- Research and analyses: benchmark economic activity in target
markets by tracking rents, sales per square foot, operating costs,
competitive supply and economic expansion activity.
- Minimize exposure and risk on various projects.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to senior
project team members.Compensation
- $75,000 - $100,000 / year
- Annual performance based bonus Qualifications
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree; preferably in real estate, business
administration, public policy and planning.
- Strong quantitative and MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project
skills are a prerequisite.
- Experience in Adobe Suite a plus.
- Strong project management skills, results-driven, with ability
to manage multiple deadlines.
- Complex thinker of high intelligence and demonstrates strong
- Experience, knowledge, and understanding of real estate
development a plus.
- Keen attention to detail.
- High energy; possessed with drive.
- Suitability to an entrepreneurial culture that places a premium
- Must be a team player, but also a self-starter that can perform
with limited direction.
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills.Please
note that Related has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to
safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a
condition of employment, Related employees working on-site are
required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable
accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.Related
values diversity in backgrounds and experiences. We are proud to be
an equal opportunity employer and are deliberate about the team and
culture we are building. We aim to ensure competitive total
compensation that is commensurate with experience, workplace
geography, and market standards.For information about how we use
your personal information, including information submitted for
#LI-JF1 OverviewFirm OverviewRelated California is a full-service
real estate firm that has developed over 18,000 units of quality
affordable and market-rate multifamily and mixed-use residential
properties in California since its inception in 1989. Related
California's developments range from urban infill, affordable,
mixed-income and market rate multifamily developments, and are
designed, built and managed to the highest standards regardless of
the income level served. Related California prides itself on its
track record of consistently developing best-in-class communities
that represent industry benchmarks in design, construction,
sustainability and property management.Company OverviewFormed in
1972, Related is the most prominent privately-owned real estate
firm in the United States. Headquartered in New York City, the
company has offices and major developments across the world.
Related owns and manages a premier portfolio of assets valued at
over $60 billion, including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood
on Manhattan's West Side. Related believes in investing in its
talent and cultivates a positive, team-oriented environment where
every voice is valued. Employees are encouraged to boldly take on
new challenges, transcend the status quo, and demonstrate strong
entrepreneurial spirit. In its relentless commitment to excellence,
Related works to foster an innovative approach in its team members
so that they can positively impact the communities in which they
conduct business. Learn more about Related at.
Keywords: RELATED, Irvine , Development Associate, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...