Veterans Preferred - Sr Systems Engineer
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -Akkodis is currently hiring a Senior Systems Engineer to join a highly motivated and multi-functional team responsible for designing, developing, and testing pilot control systems, throttle control systems, large actuator, and related flight control products for the next generation of business, regional, military and air-transport aircraft.
• Support design and test of digital and analog closed loop motor control
• Coordinate with other engineering disciplines to create high level functional requirements
• Generate subsystem-level specifications covering a wide variety of complex aerospace electronics
• Develop and perform system level verification testing to demonstrate compliance with certification requirements
• Utilize robust Systems Engineering practices in support of projects assigned
• Monitor the cost, effectiveness, and reliability of activities and recommend modifications to optimize resources, prioritize spending, and ensure that standards are met
• Support technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems
• Interaction with customers, suppliers, and regulatory authorities is routinely
• There is a potential for some domestic and international travel.
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
• Requirements capture and management
• Systems engineering processes
• Good electrical and software understanding
• Control laws and modelling with MATLAB and Simulink
• Aircraft-related industry standards for systems and/or software development (ARP-4754A, DO-254, DO-178C)
• Real-time, embedded systems and processing
• Interest in aircraft systems and operations
• The position requires strong interpersonal skills, high degree of comfort with ambiguity, good project discipline, excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work independently.
• Candidate must be a self starter, be able to multi-task, manage unplanned events, and take advantage of opportunities and events to achieve results that exceed expectations
Pay Range: $60-$80 per hour
Benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, term life insurance, short-term disability insurance, additional voluntary benefits, commuter benefits and 401K plan. Our program provides employees the flexibility to choose the type of coverage that meets their individual needs. Available paid leave may include Paid Sick Leave, where required by law; any other paid leave required by Federal, State or local law; and Holiday pay upon meeting eligibility criteria. Disclaimer: These benefit offerings do not apply to client-recruited jobs and jobs which are direct hire to a client.
If you are interested in this onsite contract to hire Sr. System Engineer position role then please click APPLY NOW.
For other opportunities available at Modis Engineering and Technology go to www.Modis.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please visit The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Keywords: MODIS, Irvine , Veterans Preferred - Sr Systems Engineer, Other , Irvine, California
here to apply!