Control Systems Engineer
Company: Cannon Corp
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Cannon CorpDescription:You'll Come for a Job---But You'll Stay
for an Exciting Career! Engineering and Designing Reliable,
Responsive, Solutions.SINCE 1976, CANNON has provided creative
solutions to clients in the energy industry, water resources,
public infrastructure, and commercial and residential development.
We work hard. We play hard. We have fun.JOIN CANNON as a CONTROL
SYSTEMS ENGINEER in IRVINE. Irvine offers warm weather, beautiful
scenery, and is a top bicycling city with miles of on-road bicycle
lanes and mountain bike trails. It is one of the safest communities
and the public schools have consistently ranked among the best in
California. PROJECTS INCLUDE Instrumentation and Controls/SCADA,
Water Resources, Transportation, Recreational Facilities, Solar
Facilities, Oil Field Applications, Agriculture, Food Processing.
CONTROL SYSTEMS ENGINEER JOB SUMMARY The successful candidate will
be responsible for the delivery of Control Systems projects and
developing future projects for the company. The scope of the
Control Systems projects varies greatly and include a wide range of
services from site reconnaissance; preliminary engineering
research; preparation of plans, specification, and engineers
estimates; bidding assistance; PLC programming; and HMI/SCADA
software installation; configuration; and deployment. On-site work
may be required in heavy industrial environments, inclement weather
conditions, and on slippery or uneven surfaces. Overnight stays are
typically not required, but may be required on occasion for project
commissioning.No candidate is expected to be proficient or
knowledgeable on all duties, qualifications, and skills listed
below. We are looking for candidates with practical design and/or
implementation experience in some of the following areas and a
desire to learn more.CONTROL SYSTEMS ENGINEER JOB DUTIES
- Designs and prepares plans, specifications, and estimates of
probable cost for a variety of Control Systems engineering
- Coordinates with representatives of clients, vendors, material
suppliers, and contractors to obtain information and guidance, and
make appropriate equipment selections and prepare specification
datasheets. This includes, but not limited to, instrumentation,
industrial control system hardware/software, computer system
- Performs calculations relating to SCADA and Control Systems
- Work with clients to develop scope of work and fee estimates
for Control Systems projects.
- Write formal proposals for public agency design or system
- Manage teams in development of designs and execution of Control
- Manages project budgets for Control Systems tasks, maintain
project schedule and ensure high-quality review of final
- Provides field observation and reports.
- Designs network infrastructure for SCADA systems, including HMI
Servers, Virtualization Services, Network hardware, network
infrastructure/components, PLCs, and networked field
- Prefers design, programming and implementation experience with
Fieldbus networks (HART, Modbus, Profibus, Foundation Fieldbus,
- Ensures that systems and equipment are serviced, programmed,
adjusted, and calibrated to meet the client's requirements.
- Programs and troubleshoots PLCs, including ladder logic,
function block, structured text routines. Must be familiar with at
- Programs and troubleshoots HMIs, including communication
drivers, graphic object development, data historization, alarm
management, trending, and reporting.
- Assists with back-up and restoration, security, virus
protection, performance monitoring, and user access rights.
- Assesses software and hardware and make recommendations for
upgrade and/or replacement.
- Solves basic circuit calculations for resistance, voltage,
current, power, and process measurements.
- Develops new clients and maintain relationships with existing
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited
college, preferably with a concentration in Mechanical, Control
Systems, or Electrical Engineering.
- 5-10 years progressively responsible work experience in
instrumentation and controls, including: Control Systems equipment,
programmable controllers, operator interface terminals,
programming, and IT Infrastructure including Windows Server, Domain
Controller, and Server Virtualization.
- Experience with PLC programming in more than 1 software
- Experience with SCADA HMI and historian software.
- Experience with Ignition software.
- Experience with network design, installation, configuration and
- Understanding of process instrumentation including design,
procurement, installation, calibration, and maintenance.
- Familiarity with motor control schematics, loop drawings, logic
charts, network architecture drawings, and P&ID drawings.
- EIT or the ability and desire to obtain the EIT.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in oral and written English
so that others may clearly understand instructions, reports,
production, specification documents, and records.
- Must possess a valid California driver's license and have a
clean driving record. WE OFFER competitive salaries, relocation
assistance, excellent benefits package, remote work flexibility,
and an active and positive team building, work environment.Equal
Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran
Keywords: Cannon Corp, Irvine , Control Systems Engineer, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!