Inspector Tech - MFCD Irvine, CA
Company: Parker Hannifin Corporation Parker Aerospace Group
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Inspector Tech - MFCD Irvine, CALocation : IRVINE, CA, United
Job Family : Manufacturing
Job Type : Regular
Posted : Jan 19, 2023
Job ID : 38521Back to Search ResultsJob DescriptionApply Now >
Save Job Job SavedWith minimum guidance in a team environment,
using independent judgement to determine quality and usability,
responsible for a wide variety of complex inspection
requirements.Responsibilities may include some or all of the
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date acceptance and rejection
records and/or certifications systems as required by
- the applicable specifications.
- Determine acceptance or rejection after inspection and/or
calibration of parts, tools, instruments or x-ray film.
- Identify defective conditions and test failures and prepare all
appropriate documentation and/or calibration history.
- Perform inspection on complex parts using a wide variety of
measuring and test equipment.
- Adapt and develop complex inspection set-ups to check sample
parts, forgings and castings. Check tool and jig layouts.
- Perform first article and envelope inspections, source
inspections, and/or complex surface plate set-ups.
- Interpret specifications, charts, manuals and other data to
arrive at acceptance or rejection. Recommend changes to
supervision. Use mathematics to convert blueprint dimension and
tolerances. Work within the guidelines of drawings, schematics,
blueprints, route sheets, travelers, quality directives, technical
engineering specifications, customer's requirements and military
- Layout all component part characteristics onto rough or
semi-machined castings, forgings and machine parts to maintain
control of machining cycle during manufacturing.
- Make own gaging set-ups on surface plate using block,
parallels, clamps, sine plates and V-blocks to take readings with
precision measuring instruments.
- Adapt inspection equipment to check standard, non-standard and
- Investigate cause of customer return failures. Perform
inspections to applicable specifications within assembly, test and
shipping departments. Assist customer/government source inspectors
- Perform calibration on complex multi-function electronic
measuring and test equipment.
- Set-up calibration test conditions having various circuit
requirements interpreting calibration procedures, specifications,
manufacturer's instructions, or related documents.
- Ability to interpret drawings and electronic schematics.
- Document and evaluate historical data to determine calibration
- Diagnose and calibrate newly acquired complex electronic
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly equipment and material
- Perform pre-inspection and post-inspection cleaning.
- Set-up equipment and conduct tests.
- Interpret, evaluate and document inspection results in
accordance with approved procedures.
- Perform complete inspections in accordance with applicable
specifications, standards and other contractual documents.
- Operate X-ray equipment and film processor.
- Select the method and technique to be used for a specific
- Prepare and verify the adequacy of inspection procedures.
- Approve procedures, specifications, standards and other written
documents that control the inspection.
- Conduct or direct the training and examination of Level I, II
and III personnel.
- Observe all prescribed safety rules and regulations and
maintain a FOD free work area.
- Perform other related responsibilities.
- Five years related inspection experience or demonstrated
ability to perform described responsibilities.
- Knowledge of applicable military standards or
- May be required to be certified as a Level II Nondestructive
Test Inspector in at least three disciplines or as a Level III
Examiner in at least one discipline. Certification must be in
accordance with MIL-STD-410 and PES1-29.
- Required experience in CMM operations, background in
dimensioning and tolerancing per ANSI Y 14.5.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting blueprints, customer's
specifications and internal drawings and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of machine shop mathematics including
- Knowledge of electro-hydraulic servo systems and the computer
- Personal hand tools may be required.
- May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must demonstrate effective verbal, written and communication
- Ability to work effectively with others and be a participative
This role is subject to compliance with the International Traffic
in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration
Regulations (EAR), which requires the incumbent to be either a US
citizen, lawful permanent resident ["green card" holders], or have
refugee or asylee status).Parker is an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal
employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees.
Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless
of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age,
national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information,
veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This position
is subject to meeting export compliance eligibility
("Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal
If you would like more information about Equal Employment
Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to
In accordance with Parker's policies and applicable state laws,
Parker provides for a drug-free workplace. Therefore, all
applicants seeking employment with Parker will be subject to drug
testing as a condition of employment.Save Job Job Saved
Keywords: Parker Hannifin Corporation Parker Aerospace Group, Irvine , Inspector Tech - MFCD Irvine, CA, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!