Access Service & Acquisition Librarian
Company: Association of Christian Librarians
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Access Service & Acquisition Librarian - Concordia University
Irvine - Irvine, CA
- The Access Services & Acquisitions Librarian is responsible for
the operation of the library circulation desk and related functions
including student employee supervision, overdue materials
processing, stacks maintenance, and the management of library
printing services. This position is also responsible for library
back office processes including the acquisition of library
materials and financial transactions. This position is also
responsible for managing the library's interlibrary loan and mail
services. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to accomplish each of the below duties
- Access Services (65%)
- Preside over library circulation and front desk
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate student employees.
- Manage overdue materials and process fines.
- Lead all stacks maintenance operations including sorting,
shelving, shelf-reading, and shifting materials.
- Partner with the IT department to ensure that the library's
student computers and printing/copying services are performing at
an optimal level.
- Respond to patron complaints and resolve issues, such as
inappropriate patron conduct, including - but not limited to -
talking on cell phones and other inappropriate noise levels.
- Assist the Director in evaluating services, developing
procedures, recommending policies, establishing work priorities,
and planning improvements for the library.
- Assist the Director in managing the library's back office
operations and organization.
- Administer the exchange of library materials through the
library's interlibrary loan (ILL) service, including daily mail
pickup and distribution.
- Acquisitions (25%)
- Assist the Director with the financial oversight of the library
including budget preparation, invoicing, and purchasing.
- Assist the Director with the selecting, ordering, receiving,
recording, cataloging, and processing of new library resources,
supplies, and equipment.
- Assist the Director with the maintenance of financial records,
preparation of reports, and compiling of statistical
- Other (10%)
- Work evenings and/or weekends.
- Compile annual library statistical reports on library usage,
circulation, acquisition, patron services, and all other vital data
pertaining to program evaluation and assessment.
- Assist the Instruction and Outreach Librarian with reference
instructions and chat.
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time.
EDUCATIONAL/EXPERIENTIAL REQUIREMENTS Minimum of two years'
experience in an academic library or other library setting is
required. MLIS from an ALA-accredited program is highly desired.
Please email your documents to:
Keywords: Association of Christian Librarians, Irvine , Access Service & Acquisition Librarian, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!