Assoc Dir, Quality Control (Microbiology)
Company: Aesculap, Inc.
Posted on: January 22, 2023
About B. Braun -
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain
management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical
products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product
areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy
and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to
eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient,
clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is
headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group
of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional
Systems, Aesculap - and CAPS -.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000
employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise -
philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with
customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues
of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun
Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
Site Head of Quality Microbiology organization, provides leadership
to Microbiology QC, QC in process control and Stability groups
responsible for providing QC technical expertise, oversight, and
testing to support new product development, regulatory submissions,
sustaining projects, and release of commercial products. Manages
staff of approximately 50 Micro Associates. - Site Subject Matter
Expert on Microbiology and physical testing, method and process
validation, and regulatory compliance requirements for
pharmaceutical manufacturing. - Provide QC technical and tactical
support for the B. Braun manufacturing facilities to ensure
compliance with cGMP and regulatory requirements both internally
and externally. - Plan, organize and manage the activities to
ensure timely completion of group's tasks. - Interact with FDA and
other regulatory authorities as Subject Matter Expert for Irvine
Quality Microbiology processes, procedures and analytical methods.
Manage the development and implementation of related programs to
maximize efficiencies of staff, testing and budgetary resources
necessary to support the company goals while complying with
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- -Manages the quality control activities of an
- Assists with overseeing tasks associated with inspecting and
- Ensures that products or services meet quality standards and
develops corrective action when needed.
- Develops, implements and assesses processes and policies
designed to test products and services.
- Monitors and evaluates current testing processes, making
recommendations for improvements when necessary.
- Enforces regulatory compliance.
- Conducts visual and physical inspections of company products
- Monitors the performance of the quality control staff, ensuring
that the quality control department meets organizational
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include
any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to
time.General:It shall be the duty of every employee while at work
to take reasonable care for safety and health of himself/herself
and other persons.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires breadth of professional field and industry
- Ability to integrate critical information and champion advanced
strategies/concepts through the organization.
- Drives development of advanced technologies, principles and
- Manages entry to intermediate level employees of a department
or a function with 1 or 2 sections.
- Ensures budgets, schedules, and performance requirements are
- Judgement is required in resolving complex problems based on
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads,
subordinates, and peers.
- Occasional contact with external contractors/vendors.
Target Based Range$139,550 - $169,440
Expertise: Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- 10-12 years related experience required.
- Applicable industry/professional certification
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Occasional business travel required, Valid driver's license and
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and
arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes
healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more
about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing
of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at
Through its "Sharing Expertise -" initiative, B. Braun promotes
best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types
of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add,
modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different
positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects.
Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Occasionally:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull
- Frequently:Stand, Sit
- Occasionally:Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward,
- Frequently:Finger feeling, Hearing - ordinary, fine
distinction, loud (hearing protection required), Seeing - depth
perception, color vision, field of vision/peripheral, Sitting ,
Standing, Talking - ordinary, loud/quick
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Noise Intensity:Moderate
- Frequently:Office environment, Production/manufacturing
environment, Lab environment
What We Offer B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which
includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To
learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or
view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on
the internet at www.bbraunusa.com. - Through its "Sharing Expertise
-" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous
improvement of healthcare products and services.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Aesculap, Inc., Irvine , Assoc Dir, Quality Control (Microbiology), Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!