Company: Congregation Shir Ha-Ma'alot
Posted on: November 26, 2022
We are seeking a trustworthy, responsible Custodian/Handyman to
join our team. Responsible for maintaining a clean and orderly
*Qualifications and Skills: *
- Must speak English and be authorized to work in the US.
- Management experience is a plus.
- Custodial experience.
- Must have a CA driver's license, with a clean driving record and
auto insurance, and pass a Livescan.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently
and solve problems.
- Ability to follow written or verbal instructions.
- Ability to understand and follow all safety rules.
- Knowledge of carpentry, minor electrical, furniture assembly,
etc. are a PLUS.
- Be polite, well-spoken, punctual and professional with a customer
- Must be able to stand and walk for an entire shift, kneel, bend,
and stoop on a frequent basis, lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs on
Primary responsibilities are to maintain buildings and surrounding
grounds in a clean, orderly, and safe condition and to perform
light handyman duties.
*Duties include but are not limited to the following: *
- Responsible for maintaining assigned areas in a clean and orderly
condition at all times.
- Check to make sure building operations such as lights, d--cor,
etc. are functional. Report issues to supervisor.
- Assist in the repair of facilities as part of the team.
- Lock and unlock facilities upon direction.
- Set up equipment, tables, and chairs for scheduled
- Push or lift furniture and other heavy items; climbs ladders; and
performs other tasks requiring physical agility.
- Purchase building supplies.
- Together with janitor, assure offices, workrooms and classrooms
are clean. Dust and polish desks, counter tops, cabinets,
furniture, machines, equipment.
- Sweep and mop rooms, halls, and stairways, vacuums, steam cleans
and shampoos rugs and carpets, when needed strip, wax, and buff
- Pick-up litter and remove trash from buildings and grounds.
- Clean tile, walls, counters, mirrors, window glass, wall and
- Clean and disinfect toilets, sinks, floors and walls in
restrooms, kitchen, and meeting rooms to assure sanitary
conditions. Empty trash, restock products, clean
glass/mirrors/counters, and partitions throughout the day
- Spot clean carpet stains as noticed.
- Performs other duties as assigned, may be required to perform
duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to
Health/Life Insurance benefit, Flexible Spending Account option,
Vacation and sick days provided after 90-day probationary
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $24.00 per hour
* Flexible spending account
* Paid time off
* Religious school
* 8 hour shift
* Every weekend
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Irvine, CA 92612: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)
* Day Shift (Preferred)
* Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Congregation Shir Ha-Ma'alot, Irvine , Custodian/Handyman, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!