Microbiologist (QC Micro Duplex)
Company: B. Braun Medical
Posted on: November 25, 2022
B. Braun Medical, Inc.
Microbiologist (QC Micro Duplex)US-CA-IrvineJob ID: 2Type: Regular
Full-Time# of Openings: 1Category: QualityIrvine FacilityOverview
About B. Braun B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy
and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative
medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key
product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and
compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is
committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing
patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is
headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group
of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional
Systems, Aesculap and CAPS . Globally, the B. Braun Group of
Companies employs more than 64,000 employees in 64 countries.
Guided by its Sharing Expertise philosophy, B. Braun continuously
exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to
address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs.
To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit . Responsibilities
Position Summary: Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Plans, coordinates and organizes the overall activities of the
Microbiological Laboratory according to internal and external
standards in a most cost effective way.
- Directly responsible for the supervision test operation at all
time for Sterility Testing, Bacterial Endotoxin Test,
Microbiological Identification Sections and handling of laboratory
- Ensures that the necessary microbiological tests are done
according to the test specification, test method and working
instruction and to ensure release on time for pharmaceutical
products and medical devices.
- Responsible for the preparation and updating of the GMP/ISO
procedures in the area of responsibility.
- Participates in projects, task force jointly with production
personnel in case the needs arise.
- Prepares trend analysis and data compilation on deviation in
the production process when required.
- Participates in internal and external audit.
- Participates in the Global Microbiology Task Team, whenever
- Responsible in microbiological release of medical devices or
Pharma products and Pharma incoming materials.
- Supports microbiological tasks for process validation.
- Trains and proactively develops the education standard of the
responsible persons. The job function listed is not exhaustive and
shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the
Supervisor from time to time. Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires basic knowledge of relevant business practices and
procedures in professional field. Uses standard theories,
principles and concepts and integrates them to propose a course of
- Works under general supervision. Relies on experience and
judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals. May periodically
assist in orienting, training, assigning & checking the work of
- Some degree of judgment required in resolving problems based on
- Contacts are primarily with direct supervisor, peers and
subordinates. Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 0-02 years related experience required.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Ability to work non-standard schedule as needed While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and
arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. .
Additional Information Responsibilities: Other Duties: The
preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of
work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this
description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify,
change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due
to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects. Lifting, Carrying,
Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Occasionally:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull, Stand,
Visual Acuity with or without corrective lenses
- Constantly:N/A Activities:
- Occasionally:Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward, Seeing -
depth perception, color vision, field of vision/peripheral,
- Frequently:Sitting , Standing, Talking - ordinary,
- Constantly:N/A Environmental Conditions:
- Constantly:N/A Work Environment: The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity:Low
- Occasionally:Office environment, Production/manufacturing
- Constantly:Lab environment What We OfferB. Braun offers an
excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k)
plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and
our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment
opportunities, please visit us on the internet at . Through its
Sharing Expertise initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for
continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.Notices
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status,
pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected
Keywords: B. Braun Medical, Irvine , Microbiologist (QC Micro Duplex), Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!