Duplex Finishing Line Operator
Company: B. Braun Medical
Posted on: November 25, 2022
B. Braun Medical, Inc.
Duplex Finishing Line OperatorUS-CA-IrvineJob ID: 1Type: Regular
Full-Time# of Openings: 1Category: ManufacturingIrvine
FacilityOverviewWith a nationwide sales team and several
manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading
full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S.
The company is committed to delivering innovative products and
services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and
cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility.
Through its "Sharing Expertise " initiative, B. Braun promotes best
practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and
services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun
Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially,
the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes.
During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several
expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical
devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including
Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS ), B. Braun
dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S.
customers. U.S. Facilities and Operations: Supporting product sales
are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters
along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient
Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional,
International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy
Services, Inc.(CAPS ) is also managed from this location. The
nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free
products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers,
Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right
Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also
manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces
IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC
products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton,
Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced
in the Dominican Republic.Responsibilities Position Summary: Under
the direction of the Supervisor and/or Lead, participate in all
aspects of the Finishing Line Operation to include bag handling,
quality checks, particulate matter inspection, reject
accountability and record keeping for batch records in accordance
with established company procedures and cGMPs/cGDPs.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Verifies that correct components are used.
- Follows all established procedures and policies.
- Performs necessary quality checks relative to the
- Performs viable inspections during process operation per
- Inspects components, materials and product for proper
identification, acceptable quality and correct quantity.
- Operates label machines.
- Ensures manufacturing equipment has necessary supplies and
materials for the operation.
- Reports quality deviations to the lead person/machine
- Performs run changes and line clearances per SPM.
- Completes appropriate documentation.
- Shreds and properly disposed of rejected bags and related
processing material waste.
- Performs cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting of designated
Finishing Line areas.
- Maintains work area in neat and orderly condition.
- Adheres to all safety and good housekeeping regulations.
- Performs minor troubleshooting to resolve machine
- Assist the supervisor/lead in creating daily/weekly rotation
schedule, including breaks, for the Finishing Line Operators.
- Performs PM certification of the Finishing Line Operators,
including setup of the equipment and filling out all required
paperwork. Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of cGMPs and departmental procedures.
- Good communication skills with ability to read, write and
understand job language in English.
- Must be able to clearly document activities in production
records and equipment logbooks.
- Manual dexterity Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications -
- High school diploma or GED
- No previous experience required - up to 4 weeks on-the-job
- N/A While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently
is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and
arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Braun
offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a
401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B.
Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our
employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at Equal
Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled Through
its "Sharing Expertise " initiative, B. Braun promotes best
practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and
services. Additional Information Responsibilities: Other Duties:
- Other duties as assigned The preceding functions have been
provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees
assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the
work assignments of different positions due to reasonable
accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Work Environment:
- Work in a manufacturing environment, exposed to moderate degree
of noise at intervals throughout the shift (ear protection
- Highly automated mechanical equipment (safety glasses and
safety shoes required). The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate. What We Offer Notices All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other
legally protected status.
Keywords: B. Braun Medical, Irvine , Duplex Finishing Line Operator, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!