HR and Payroll Specialist
Company: John Burns Real Estate Consulting, LLC
Posted on: November 24, 2022
The Human Resources and Payroll Specialist works directly with
the VP of HR to ensure that all human resource processes and
payroll functions for the organization are conducted in a timely
manner to ensure -compliance. -This -role -plays -a -key -role -in
-the -organization's -human -capital -managemen strategy -by
-supporting the human resource functions, including but not limited
to recruiting, on-boarding, and -record -keeping. This position
will work closely with accounting on payroll. -We are looking for a
self-directed professional with a growth mindset and hunger to take
ownership the payroll process and pride in hiring great PALS. The
HR and Payroll Specialist must have high emotional intelligence,
the ability to build strong relationships, grit, energy, attention
to detail, and a strong passion to strengthen our culture. -Human
- Source potential candidates through online channels (e.g.
social platforms and professional networks)
- Plan interview and selection procedures, including screening
calls, assessments and in-person interviews
- Assess candidate information, including resumes and contact
details, using our Applicant Tracking System
- Design job descriptions and interview questions that reflect
each position's requirements
- Coordinates new hire on-boarding, including orientation, new
hire paperwork, and initiating background checks.
- Processes all aspects of employee information from initial hire
process to termination including data entry into payroll,
timekeeping, and benefits carrier systems to ensure accurate record
keeping in Paycor
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment
laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Responsible for timely, accurately, and compliantly processing
the JBREC's semi-monthly payroll. Audit and process payroll
documents with oversight from Accounting and VP of HR.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating any changes in payroll
& HR management system for employees, including job titles,
- Process employee data for new hires, changes, additional
- Post payroll journal entry in accounting software.
- Maintain timekeeping system with accurate salaries.
- Researches and implements payroll tax requirements as
- Reconciles and invoices related to payroll or
- Processes employee 401(k) submissions.
- Prepares and maintain employee files, assuring accuracy,
compliance, and confidentiality.
- Maintains vacation and sick time records.
- Develops in depth understanding of payroll and benefits
- Create reports on demand.
- Responsible for month-end duties including approving HR related
invoices and ensuring timely payment, submitting payroll accrual
(with management approval) and general ledger
- Performs additional tasks as directed.
Skills and Experience required
- Minimum two years of related payroll experience
- Minimum one year of related human resource and recruiting
- Commitment to payroll best practices and regulations including
knowledge of payroll law/regulations.
- Exercises sound judgment and exhibits strong decision-making
and problem-solving skills
- Displays exceptional interpersonal communication and leadership
skills, with particular attention to confidentiality
- Interacts with employees in a positive and helpful manner at
- Promotes company policies and procedures by leading by
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a
- Ability to maintain strong attention to detail in a fast-paced
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally
with a diverse team
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have excellent multi-tasking skills
- Must be detailed-oriented individual
- Must have excellent written, verbal and presentation
- Must have the ability to stay focused in an extremely
active/open office environment
- Must be able to sit in front of a computer screen for extended
periods of time
Resume and cover letter are required to apply. -Position is based
out of Irvine, CA, but candidate can work elsewhere. -States that
we offer opportunities: -AZ, CA, CO, DE, FL, GA, ID, IL, IO, LO,
MD, MA, NJ, NY, NC, OR, OH, PA, TX, UT -Our Company -John Burns
-founded the company in 2001 because he saw a need for better
housing market analysis. The company has grown to a highly
passionate team of research analysts and consultants in offices
across the country, who work together to provide the most trusted
source of US housing analysis and consulting services. Three
principles guide us:
Purpose: Solving today to help you navigate tomorrow.
Vision: To be the most trusted and respected US housing market
analysts and consultants.
Mission: To help executives make informed housing industry
-Employee Benefits -for full time employees
Medical and Insurance - -Includes medical, dental, vision,
prescription drug coverage, and flexible spending accounts worth a
minimum of $10,500 per year
Vacation and Leave - -Four weeks of personal time off, plus nine
Retirement - 401(k) - -Includes company contributions of 3% of your
salary and profit sharing to your 401K even if you do not
Culture and Personal Benefits - -Includes selective tuition
reimbursement, training opportunities, flex schedules for many
positions, and the ability to grow and expand your career
Charitable Contribution - -Includes company matching to your
The Company has consistently won awards for its culture, including
Great Places to Work, Gallup Employee Engagement, Certified
Evergreen by the Tugboat Institute, and Orange County Best Places
to Work. -If you enjoy challenges, take great pride in 100%
accuracy and professional appearance in all the work you complete,
have a passion for excellence and enjoy collaborating with a
fantastic team that supports each other, this is the dynamic
environment for you. -We encourage candidates to visit our website
at www.realestateconsulting.com. -
Keywords: John Burns Real Estate Consulting, LLC, Irvine , HR and Payroll Specialist, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!