Senior / Principal Compliance Specialist - Irvine, CA
Company: Farallon Consulting, L.L.C.
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Career Opportunities with Farallon Consulting A great place to
work. Careers At Farallon Consulting Are you ready for new
challenges and new opportunities?Join our team!Current job
opportunities are posted here as they become available.Subscribe to
our RSS feeds to receive instant updates as new positions become
available.Senior / Principal Compliance Specialist - Irvine, CA
Farallon provides an integrated suite of environmental consulting
and engineering services to a wide range of private- and
public-sector clients. Specialty areas include environmental due
diligence, site characterization, engineering/remediation services,
natural resources, compliance, stormwater management, and
mediation/litigation support. The firm is headquartered in
Issaquah, Washington, with branch offices in Seattle and
Bellingham, Washington; Portland and Baker City, Oregon; and
Oakland and Irvine, California. POSITION SUMMARY The
Senior/Principal Compliance Specialist will work with Principal
Compliance Specialists [MN1] in other regions to manage and perform
projects for industrial and manufacturing clients to evaluate and
assure compliance with environmental regulations. This is a
proactive leadership role with a focus on building a compliance
consulting portfolio in the Southern California area. This
seller/doer role will establish the Compliance Service line,
candidates will be expected to bring current and provide future
project work to Farallon. Our Farallon support structure including
contracting, GIS, data management, and editing allow technical
staff to complete project work more efficiently. The
Senior/Principal Compliance Specialist will have specific knowledge
of regulatory trends and industry perspectives. The Compliance
Specialist will interface with clients and potential clients,
determine applicable regulations and client status pertaining to
industrial and manufacturing operations, develop and implement
internal programs for use at client facilities, coordinate
monitoring events, and direct the completion of permit-required
agency reports or documents. Minimum Requirements and
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in Environmental
Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
- At least 15 years of experience in environmental
- Strong knowledge of both Federal and California environmental
regulations pertaining to manufacturing, industrial, and
agricultural operations. Experience in air, industrial wastewater,
solid waste, hazardous waste, stormwater, and hazardous materials
storage are desirable.
- Experience in environmental consulting strongly preferred.
- CHMM, CPSWQ, or PE preferred, but not required.
- Develop and maintain productive and collaborative relationships
with clients and regulators.
- Manage project budgets and resources.
- Direct and execute projects involving compliance support,
monitoring, reporting, and engineering solutions.
- Coordinate and oversee staff, outside contractors, and vendors
for assigned projects.
- Coordinate and produce required deliverables in accordance with
Farallon style, policies, and procedures for documentation.
- Comply with Farallon and industry health and safety policies
and practices in all project activities.
- Travel to local client sites as needed.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management
- Work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
- Communicate effectively with peers, clients, and
- Demonstrate strong written, verbal, and computer skills
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Technical Capacity. Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- CPR/First aid Training.
- Valid drivers' license and good driving record.
- Other duties as assigned Farallon Consulting offers competitive
wages and benefits, including:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan for all employees. Farallon is
100% employee owned.
- 401k with Employer Matching
- Vacation/Sick/Holiday Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term
Disability, and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account/Flexible Spending Program The health and
safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients, and communities is a
top priority for Farallon Consulting. As such, we require a
COVID-19 vaccination for in-person business. All employees are
required to present proof of vaccination status upon hire unless
they qualify for a medical or religious exemption. Farallon
Consulting, L.L.C. is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates
will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, citizenship, genetic information, age (except for
bona fide occupational qualifications), sex, pregnancy (including
childbirth or a related medical condition), disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status,
military leave or service, status as a disabled veteran or other
covered veteran status, participation in EEO protected activity,
any other status protected by federal, state, or local law, or
association with a person on the basis of one or more of the
Keywords: Farallon Consulting, L.L.C., Irvine , Senior / Principal Compliance Specialist - Irvine, CA, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!