Company: Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of
epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and
studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across
corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human
Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global
headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility and
creativity to improve the employee and player experience. To learn
more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at
Activision Blizzard King (ABK) is looking for an IT Procurement
Senior Buyer to support the sourcing, procurement, invoicing, and
payment processes within the ABK IT Global Purchasing Department
based in Irvine, CA. The IT Procurement Senior Buyer will directly
support the global ABK IT Department associated spend with their
purchasing needs and requirements through a structured approach to
ordering, processing, and controlling the payment process of
purchase orders and invoices.
The ideal candidate is a tech-savvy individual who will work within
the ABK Global Tech & IT Procurement department to facilitate daily
operations. This person will also interact with our employees as a
category expert for their specialty area. This person, who will
also contribute to long-term projects, must be highly organized,
and be able to work independently with little guidance.
We are looking for someone with senior experience in IT software
licenses with a proven and successful record of managing IT
suppliers in the global purchasing space. We are looking for
someone who is passionate about building and maintaining great
relationships both internally as well as externally with our IT
* As part of the Global Tech Procurement team, this role will be
responsible for raising purchase orders for ABK's internal
customers into the e-procurement system (iProc/Oracle) for the
purchase of software and other products to fulfil internal requests
received via our ticketing system (ServiceNOW).
* Lead the sourcing and purchasing activities of new software and
services based on business needs.
* Additionally, and depending on required team support and business
needs, purchases related to hardware could also be assigned to
ensure no business disruptions.
* Work in collaboration with the Sourcing/Category managers to
provide support to the development of complex commercial strategies
that balance cost, quality, and risk.
* Define and use creative negotiation strategies and plans to
maximize value and cost savings benefit while lowering risk.
* Become the expert on your category and be able to help customers
(company employees and stakeholders) with purchasing requests.
* Conduct analysis to identify and validate financial savings for
the category managed.
* Provide analytical and research support to projects and
activities across your category area.
* Establish a preferred supplier program by category.
* Support the execution of purchasing activities including the
preparation and management of medium-sized purchasing events
(RFIs/RFQs/RFPs), supplier evaluation and selection, negotiation,
and contracting activities including the review and validation of
business commercial terms and conditions.
* Perform some transactional duties including the placing of
purchase orders, monthly reconciling of your company P-Card,
fulfilment of requests through the company's ticketing system.
* Take responsibility for accurate and on-time delivery of orders;
follow-up on POs with suppliers and manage delivery date
expectations as necessary with all relevant stakeholders.
* Serve as a mentor and advisor to the global purchasing team,
guiding and directing activities of fellow Buyers as needed.
* Collaborate with colleagues in the Finance department to resolve
supplier payment issues.
* Support ABK-global initiatives in the purchasing space, as
required by the leadership team, including process improvements,
optimization and streamlining projects.
* Follow global procurement policies and processes.
* Other duties as assigned.
* A minimum of 5 years' experience or equivalent education/work
* Very high level of attention to detail and accuracy in numerical
transactions and financial calculations.
* Proven negotiations skills with related purchasing experience in
organizations with multi-million-dollar budget spends in the tech
and IT arena. Ideally, experience gained in Tech procurement and in
software and services.
* Experience of managing suppliers and stakeholders, globally.
* Experience of commercial negotiation with global footprint
suppliers and vendors.
* Medium-level legal contractual knowledge and advanced experience
on contract negotiation.
* Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with
both internal customers and external vendors and suppliers.
* Excellent interpersonal (soft), verbal and written communication,
customer service, and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight timelines
and to take initiative when required by specific situations and
* Able to maintain high confidentiality.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the
games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us
decide! Research shows that women and members of other
under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think
they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often
do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive
environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable
assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If
you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply
for an open position, please email your request to
email@example.com General employment
questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's
largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and
is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We
are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises
including Call of Duty -, World of Warcraft -, Overwatch -, Diablo
-, Candy Crush--- and Bubble Witch---. Our combined entertainment
network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in
196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced
by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to
have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and
engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of
benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being
for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and
will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities
of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time
to promote and support our business and relationships with industry
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
status, among other characteristics.
Keywords: Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., Irvine , Senior Buyer, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!