Front End Shift Supervisor
Company: Bristol Farms
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Who Is Bristol Farms?
Since opening our first market in Rolling Hills, CA, Bristol Farms
has brought people together around a love for cooking and sharing
delicious food. We have worked to create a community of curious
foodies - people who enjoyed exploring the aisles and discovering
new and exciting ingredients. We know that in order to achieve this
goal, we must provide the freshest, highest-quality, locally
sourced meat, seafood and produce, compliment it with an awesome
array of groceries in each aisle and create an extraordinary
experience for each and every guest.
To create that experience, we rely on our amazing team members and
leaders to provide extraordinary service; to create a fun,
interactive and engaging environment where we invite the guest to
participate in the experience.
We seek out team members who not only enjoy food but are passionate
about it. Team Members who thrive in a fast-paced environment and
can still maintain a calm demeanor, who have a positive attitude
and work well in a team environment. People who are warm, outgoing,
authentically amazing and want to be inspired, challenged and proud
of where they work. We look for team members who can connect with
people and reach a level of hospitality that exceeds guests'
Ingredients You'll Bring to the Table
You love food and have the ability to create an experience that is
beyond the everyday. You have a positive attitude and work well in
a team environment. You can connect with people and reach a level
of hospitality that exceeds guests' expectation. You are warm,
outgoing, authentically amazing and want to be inspired, challenged
and proud of where you work, You embody a spirit of
entrepreneurship and mutual respect. You approach every situation
with a YES! attitude and seek to find a solution to all
opportunities that arise.
What Will Be On Your Plate?
Job Title: Front-end Shift Supervisor
Reports To: Customer Service Manager
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
This is a management-in-training position. This position is
important because the Front-end is what customers see when they
arrive and when they leave our stores. This makes the first and
lasting impression on all who visit Bristol Farms. Because of this,
the Front-end Shift Supervisor must be enthusiastic, have strong
communication skills and extraordinary people skills. He/she must
know how to keep morale high among the Front-end staff; serve the
customers to develop and retain repeat business; keep the Front-end
clean and up to par with Bristol Farms standards and lastly create
an environment that's welcoming, warm and friendly. Key traits and
skills necessary to perform this job successfully are: Good
listening skills, leadership skills, applied empathy; must be
self-motivated, supportive, and possess a sense of urgency in all
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Front-end Shift Supervisor assists the Customer Service Manager
with supervision and coordination of activities of Front-end
employees. Responsibilities include assisting with planning,
assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining
employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. He/she is
also responsible for carrying out the duties listed below (other
duties may be assigned):
- Leads by example; models correct behavior and adherence to
company policies and procedures.
- Required to perform all duties of a cashier & courtesy
- Operating a cash register is first priority.
- Packages and handles customers' groceries according to their
preference - paper, plastic, or both.
- Offers/assists Customers with carry out service.
- Collects shopping carts from inside the store and from the
outer perimeter of the store, parking lot and any other areas where
needed. Keeps Floral Department free of hand baskets and shopping
- Required to keep work area neat, clean, & organized.
- Adheres to & enforces policies set forth in the employee
- Follows & enforces liquor and tobacco laws implicitly, in every
regard including, but not limited to the verification and
authenticity of valid, acceptable identification. Is responsible
for ensuring that all alcohol purchases are made by persons aged 21
and older & tobacco purchases are made by persons aged 18 and
older. Verifies proper identification of customers who appear to be
under the age of 30 that are making an alcohol or tobacco
- As mandated by California state law; Cashiers who sell
alcoholic beverages must be18 years old or older.
- Assists with the training & development of employees on store
policies, department procedures, and job duties.
- Listens to customer complaints, examines returned merchandise,
and resolves problems to restore and promote good public
- Follows and implements correct accounting procedures for all
voids, returns, exchanges, & department transfers.
- Assists cashiers and courtesy clerks as needed.
- Responsible for approving checks in accordance to company check
- Follows and enforces Bristol Farms Employee Discount Card
guidelines & other specified policies.
- Performs cash register audits as required & reports results to
- Ensures that all opening and closing procedures are performed.
Procedures include but are not limited to: auditing safe; assuring
equipment is in good, working order; stocking check stand area with
bags, register receipt tape, etc.; setting up individual daily
schedules, setting up all audit sheets.
- Assures that all necessary paperwork is completed during
- Responsible for accurate counting, balancing, and securing of
change drawer, safe, assigned cash register and "pick-ups" &
"loans" to cashier's registers.
- Keeps the Customer Service Manager informed of all Front-end
- Responsible for keeping the Front-end clean and appealing to
- Assists in "trouble shooting" for problems with Front-end
- Maintains candy inventory on Front-end merchandisers which may
include ordering, receiving, stocking, and merchandising.
- Assures that all ordering, receiving, stocking, and
merchandising are performed properly and in a timely manner.
- Communicates with Customer Service Manager on status of
supplies and ordering needs.
- Follows & enforces safety work standards and reports any safety
hazards to the Store Director.
- Responsible for enforcing Bristol Farms established Customer
Service policies and guidelines.
- Serves customers with a smile and willing attitude. Assures
high sales through establishing relationships with customers to
ensure repeat business.
- Availability requirements include; but are not limited to;
days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- At all times, meets and exceeds Bristol Farms standards in
accuracy, service, appearance, quality, and cleanliness.
Directly supervises 8-18 employees in the Front-end Department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Bristol
Farms policies and applicable laws.
Customer Service Skills
Front-end Shift Supervisors are expected to provide customer
service that is extra ordinary and exceeds the expectations of our
customers. They are required to follow established policies and
guidelines that go beyond simply smiling and greeting customers.
Going above and beyond encompasses attitudes, respect, and
flexibility. Front-end Shift Supervisors are expected to have a
positive "can-do" attitude; to treat others with respect; and
easily adjust to changes in the work place.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to
six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small
group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the
Knowledge of English
This is a customer service driven position. The candidate must have
the ability to speak, read and understand English fluently. Ability
to listen to all complaints, suggestions, comments and implement
those that work.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, percentages and volume.
Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to resolve conflicts in such a manner so as to create a win-win
situation. Ability to analyze a variety of situations, think
through to a solution and implement the solution.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand for long periods of time; walk; frequent use of
wrists, hands to finger; handle, or feel objects, tools, or
controls; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently
is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is
occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch,
or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 50
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,
and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Why You'll Love Working at Bristol Farms:
- Amazing earning potential, paid weekly!
- A values-based culture that will engage and empower your growth
- A strong training program that will build your restaurant and
guest service skills
- Opportunity for growth within our family of brands
- Benefits available - Including medical, dental, vision, and
- Numerous scholarship opportunities available to full & part
time team members
- 20% discount at all Bristol Farms and Lazy Acres locations
- $60 credit to Shoes for Crews every 6 months of employment
Keywords: Bristol Farms, Irvine , Front End Shift Supervisor, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!