Company: B. Braun Medical
Posted on: September 18, 2022
B. Braun Medical, Inc.
Job ID: 2022-19950
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
About B. BraunB. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy
and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative
medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key
product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and
compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is
committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing
patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is
headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group
of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional
Systems, Aesculap - and CAPS -.Globally, the B. Braun Group of
Companies employs more than 64,000 employees in 64 countries.
Guided by its Sharing Expertise - philosophy, B. Braun continuously
exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to
address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs.
To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
Position Summary:The Microbiologist II will provide Microbiology
support in laboratory operations as well as other cross functional
areas such as R&D and other Business units.Responsibilities:
- Plans, coordinates and organizes the overall activities of the
Microbiological Laboratory according to internal and external
standards in a most cost effective way.
- Directly responsible for the supervision test operation at all
time for Sterility Testing, Bacterial Endotoxin Test,
Microbiological Identification Sections and handling of laboratory
- Ensures that the necessary microbiological tests are done
according to the test specification, test method and working
instruction and to ensure release on time for pharmaceutical
products and medical devices.
- Responsible for the preparation and updating of the GMP/ISO
procedures in the area of responsibility.
- Participates in projects, task force jointly with production
personnel in case the needs arise.
- Prepares trend analysis and data compilation on deviation in
the production process when required.
- Participates in internal and external audit.
- Participates in the Global Microbiology Task Team, whenever
- Responsible in microbiological release of medical devices or
Pharma products and Pharma incoming materials.
- Supports microbiological tasks for process validation.
- Trains and proactively develops the education standard of the
responsible persons.The job function listed is not exhaustive and
shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the
Supervisor from time to time.Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires full working knowledge of relevant business practices
and procedures in professional field. Uses standard theories,
principles and concepts and integrates them to propose a course of
- Works under general supervision. Relies on experience and
judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals. May periodically
assist in orienting, training, assigning & checking the work of
- Judgement is required in resolving complex problems based on
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads,
subordinates, and peers. Occasional contact with external
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 02-04 years related experience required.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Ability to work non-standard schedule as neededWhile performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit
and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands
to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is
occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds..
Responsibilities: Other Duties:The preceding functions have been
provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees
assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the
work assignments of different positions due to reasonable
accommodation or other reasons.Physical Demands:While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects.Lifting, Carrying,
Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Occasionally:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull, Stand,
Visual Acuity with or without corrective lenses
- Occasionally:Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward, Seeing -
depth perception, color vision, field of vision/peripheral,
- Frequently:Sitting , Standing, Talking - ordinary,
- Constantly:N/AEnvironmental Conditions:
- Constantly:N/AWork Environment:The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity:Low
- Occasionally:Office environment, Production/manufacturing
- Constantly:Lab environment
What We Offer
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes
healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more
about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing
of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at
www.bbraunusa.com. Through its Sharing Expertise - initiative, B.
Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of
healthcare products and services.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other
legally protected status.
Keywords: B. Braun Medical, Irvine , Microbiologist II, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!