Data Center Transition Architect
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique
technology solutions and consulting services to our clients.
Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower
IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive
advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the
advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career
and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than
1,000 people all over the United States. Our major field office
locations include Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Grand
Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, Texas, San Diego, San
Francisco, and Scottsdale.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Come Join Us!
Street-Smart - Thriving in Dynamic Times
We are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. We
continuously innovate and drive constructive change while keeping a
focus on the "big picture." We exercise sound business judgment in
making high-quality decisions in a timely and cost-effective
manner. We are highly creative and can dig deep within ourselves to
find positive solutions to different problems.
Juice - The "Stuff" it takes to be a Needle Mover
We get things done and drive results. We lead without a title,
empowering others through a can-do attitude. We look forward to the
goal, mentally mapping out every checkpoint on the pathway to
success, and visualizing what the final destination looks and feels
Teamwork - Humble, Hungry and Smart
We are humble individuals who understand how our job impacts the
company's mission. We treat others with respect, admit mistakes,
give credit where it's due and demonstrate transparency. We "bring
the weather" by exhibiting positive leadership and solution-focused
thinking. We hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures -
not just their success. We appreciate the individuality of the
people around us.
About The Role
The Transition Architect (TA) will focus on evaluation, design and
implementation of complex enterprise datacenter infrastructure
consulting solutions. The TA's primary objective will be to craft
and deliver customer solutions (product and services) that support
customer business requirement success.
As such, the TA must communicate well both strategically and
technically throughout Trace3 and customer organizations, with
executive, technical, and other types of staff members. Experienced
with very large scale and complex system architectures,
applications, customers, partners, and implementations.
The TA augments the sales and engineering teams with deep and broad
datacenter engineering skill sets, providing excellent guidance
regarding methodologies, technologies, and consulting strategies to
address customer business needs.
As a technical lead, the TA will cooperate with the Trace3
Transition Managers to drive complex, multi-phased customer
projects through successful completion. This can include engaging
with manufacturers, creating clear, accurate diagrams, developing
comprehensive strategy and design documents, and collaborating on
project plans and other deliverables, as needed.
In addition, the TA will contribute to the development and
maturation of consulting methodologies, practice deliverables and
Service Productization. Vendor certification training and exams are
necessary to keep the TA current with usable technologies.
Examples Of Types Of Engagements Follow
This position will provide both pre-sales advice to Trace3
customers and sales teams, and post-sales consultative services
- Datacenter Relocations
- Design and Deployment of Complex Compute and Storage
- Data Migration Planning and Migration Activities
- Platform Migration Initiatives
- Storage Assessment and Design for Enterprise Tiered Storage
- Cloud Services - Utilization & Migration Assessments
- Virtualization Assessments
What You'll Do
- Gather information to create a Master Inventory of servers for
- Collate gathered information into Master Inventory
- Attend all meetings with client created by TM to assist and
guide technical discussions.
- Create/attend/manage technical break out meetings for clarity
on migration methods and issues.
- Attend Migration calls to assist with technical questions and
issues during migrations.
- Architect migration methods, philosophies, and processes
- Create documentation to explain or visualize migration
- Assist TM with creation of Move Group calendar. (including
given time estimates for work involved with certain technical tasks
across all towers).
- Find and manage opportunities within discovery for technical
- Assist project team with any technical needs for migration
processes. Both tactically and strategically.
- Become the "Project Guru". All questions can then be filtered
thru you to explain the big picture thru to the minutia of day to
day operations of the project.
Qualifications & Interests
- Candidate MUST have a minimum of 10 years experience as
technical lead for Enterprise Infrastructure Consulting
Engagements. Experience managing and collaborating with multiple
technical teams is a plus.
- The candidate must have 10 years experience as a hands-on
- Experience in strategizing, designing, planning and
implementing at least 3 of the following:
- Enterprise storage environments, including performance tuning
- Complex networking environments, down to the protocol
- Application/host/database stacks, including clustering/high
availability strategies and database concepts
- Virtualized environments, especially at the host level, and
including disaster recovery strategies and implementation for both
hosts and storage
- Cloud migrations and architecture familiarity, for instance
Software as a Service (SaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
AWS, other cloud vendors, Cloud monitoring, etc.
- Excellent written communication skills are a MUST. The ability
to organize large amounts of data and complex concepts into
understandable, meaningful, and actionable customer-facing
deliverables is CRITICAL
- Must have strong verbal and presentation skills, with the
ability to tailor dialogue to targeted audience, whether executive,
technical, management, or non-technical
- Must be detail-oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills are required for effective
communication with internal team members, customers, and
- Must be very experienced in creating technical drawings and
schematics with Visio
- Ability to see both the "big picture" and be aware of
implementation details, as well as their implications
- Must have a high degree of personal integrity and
- The ability to multi-task and juggle priorities is a
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for you and your
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match, 529 College Savings
Plan, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, and Long-Term
- Competitive Compensation
- Training and development programs
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative and cool office culture
- Work-life balance and generous paid time off
- To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited
agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our
careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company
location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to
Keywords: Trace3, Irvine , Data Center Transition Architect, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!