Company: Valvoline Instant Oil Change
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Henley Enterprises, Inc., Henley Pacific LLC and their
associated entities are privately-owned Franchisees of Valvoline
Instant Oil Change (VIOC) currently operating over 230 VIOC
locations in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Maryland,
Virginia, Delaware, Florida and California, and with approximately
3100 employees. The Company has grown rapidly and is projecting
continued growth moving forward. The position is based out of the
Company's West Coast corporate offices currently located in Irvine,
California, and supports a hybrid work arrangement.
This is a fulltime, nonexempt position reporting directly to the
Company's Payroll Manager. The primary job duties include accurate
input and processing of payroll data, generation of required
reports, and ongoing handling of payroll-related inquiries by
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential function satisfactorily.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare, input and analyze payroll data using Kronos
timekeeping and UKG Pro payroll software to produce accurate and
- Prepare and process payrolls on weekly and bi-weekly
- Print paychecks, sort by store/department and prepare for
shipping distribution (for employees not on direct deposit or pay
- Resolve questions/issues concerning payroll; respond to
inquiries and enforce payroll policies.
- Prepare and handle payroll deductions, wage garnishments, child
support and other state mandated transactions.
- Process paycheck adjustments after reconciling discrepancies
and accurately post adjustment in payroll system.
- Ensure work product is done in compliance with all applicable
state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Support ongoing improvement of overall payroll procedures by
providing input/feedback on possible process changes for greater
- Perform other duties related to administrative responsibilities
as assigned by immediate supervisor.QUALIFICATIONS
Skills and Competencies
- Hands on experience with SaaS payroll and timekeeping systems a
- Proficient computer skills with work experience in MS Office
Applications including Outlook, Excel, Word
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to handle multiple
- Work effectively within time-sensitive deadlines
- Orientation towards working with numbers and data
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy (required)
- Customer-focused approach including good communication skills;
both verbal and written
- Interpersonal skills: ability to interact professionally and
work collaboratively with peers, supervisors and others; on-site as
well as remote with regional offices and Service Centers
- Ability to learn and leverage the HRIS/Payroll and timekeeping
systems and reporting functionalities (UKG Pro and Dimensions)
- Ability to professionally handle working with sensitive
- Desire to advance in the field of payroll/HR and expand
responsibilities to meet the needs of the Company
- Dependable, reliableEducation and Experience Requirements
- 1 or more years of office work experience
- Payroll processing (UKG, ADP, Ceridian, etc.), preferably in a
multi-state, distributed retail environment
- High School graduate, preferred with some post-secondary
education, equivalent work experience and/or certification(s)
- Starting pay is $24.50 - $27.50 based on experienceENVIRONMENT
& PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- 90% of work in a climate-controlled internal office environment
working under normal office conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to
feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, see, talk and hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may
incidentally be required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or
exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
- Occasional weekend work may be required.The above description
is not intended to be an "all-inclusive" list of the duties and
responsibilities of the job described, nor is it intended to be
such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
Rather, it is intended only to describe the general nature of the
Keywords: Valvoline Instant Oil Change, Irvine , Payroll Coordinator, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!