Desktop Systems Supervisor
Company: Glidewell Dental
Posted on: August 3, 2022
- Supervise global desktop support team; oversees daily operation
of desktop support analysts and coordinators.
- Ensures team's performance and success at all locations
(Campus, Remotes, Crown World).
- Provides technical software/hardware, phone, and desktop
support to employees with high degree of customer service and
- Supervises desktop support team in all aspects of work;
includes schedules (maintains proper service time coverage), team
and individual performance, assignments, and employee issues.
- Ensures hardware lease returns and refresh quarterly.
- Documents hardware movements using ServiceDesk Plus.
- Populates scorecards monthly; attends recurring meetings with
employees to provide feedback.
- Collaborates with SCCM team to progress towards industry best
practices by automating software deployments, zero touch
installation (ZTI), patching, application packages, and collections
in System Center Configuration Manager.
- Ensures all desktop software are up-to-date with patches to
meet or exceed compliance and/or industry standards.
- Coordinates and manages projects with other IT support
personnel; includes Apps Support, ITSupport, Scrum Support,
Systems, and Developers.
- Monitors ServiceDesk Plus ticket queue for desktop support to
ensure problems are handled efficiently and effectively; escalates
tickets to other teams and documents all troubleshooting steps and
- Provides management reports on desktop support operations and
- Advises and trains desktop support analysts on operational
procedures and troubleshooting techniques.
- Updates and communicates equipment replacement and software
- Assists with daily IT Technical Support functions where
- Coordinates activities by scheduling project oriented
assignments and setting priorities.
- Oversees assignments and status of ITSM tickets; ensures ticket
resolution notes and best practices are completed by ticket
- Manages and communicates stock requests for IT hardware,
software, and consumables.
- Provides updates to IT Manager regarding pending tasks and
projects; maintains records, prepares reports, and composes
correspondence relative to the work.
- Creates long term tasks and projects in ITSM; reviews ITSM
reports and projects on a weekly basis
- Performs other related duties and projects as business needs
require at direction of management.Eductaion and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimim three (3) years experience in a supervisory capacity
- Minimum twelve (8) years of experience in applications or IT
technical support, or any equivalent education and/or experience
from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been
- Must have previous experience supporting enterprise
- Formal education in Information Technology, a plus.
Keywords: Glidewell Dental, Irvine , Desktop Systems Supervisor, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!