UX Designer - Remote
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Are you interested in helping build intuitive and delightful user
interfaces to help shape an industry? Zywave is seeking a
high-potential User Interface (UI) Designer that has a passion for
creating easy to use beautiful software applications. You will be
joining a team of designers who learn from each other and strive to
bring the voice of our users to our designs in a collaborative and
fun work environment. Ideal candidates are obsessed with good
user-centered design practices and have an eye for detail. If you
are a confident self-starter with a strong desire to continuously
learn and design custom software from the ground up, we would love
to meet you.
What You Will Do
- Work alongside an empowered team to create software and
experiences that delight our customers.
- Point the team towards thinking about the user of the software
and their needs.
- Build and document our design system in order to create
standards and consistency for our entire application suite.
- Think big picture and create visuals of what the entire
software suite will look like and how it will operate.
- Lead regular design review meetings.
- Give and solicit feedback from other team members to learn from
one another and see the problem from a variety of angles.
- Be approachable and establish a mutual respect and trust with
product managers, engineers, quality assurance, and other
- Drive user experiences from start-to-finish that deliver
results and connects with Zywave's customers.
- Prototyping: Create high-res UI mockups, wireframes, user
workflow diagrams, and prototypes to communicate specs &
requirements visually to product delivery teams.
- Whiteboarding: Comfortable standing at the front of the room
and leading a group through a design brainstorm at a whiteboard
with marker in hand.
- Design standards: Ensure a consistent user experience across
all Zywave software products through applying and contributing to
the standards in our proprietary design system.
- Illustration: Can produce highly styled illustrations that have
meaning and are easy to understand.
- Animation: Understands motion graphics and can apply those
skills to create an engaging user experience.
- Work with a product team to understand customer problems, then
create and test prototypes as a solution to those problems.
- Run through usability tests with customers to uncover areas of
uncertainty and streamline product workflows.
- Build and present customer insights to help drive decision
Required Personal Competencies
- Empathy: The capacity to place oneself in another's
- Curiosity: constantly learning and thinking about
- Enthusiasm: Focuses on the positive aspects of any
- Collaboration: proven ability to work as a team player.
- Transparency: ability to give and receive feedback in a
positive, constructive manner.
- Organization: ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Preferred Education Or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Web Design, User Interface
Design or related field of study or similar work experience.
- 5+ years' experience in a UX/UI Design or related field.
- Understanding of the insurance industry.
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft
Why pick Zywave? Zywave is a cutting edge, web-based SaaS company
that has revolutionized the insurance industry by helping
independent agencies leverage technology solutions to grow their
business in employee benefits and property and casualty markets.
Zywave has been a highly profitable and growing business for over
20 years and is consistently voted a Top Workplace, also earning an
award for Milwaukee's Coolest Office.
Keywords: Zywave, Irvine , UX Designer - Remote, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!