Composers Assistant - Temp
Company: Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Composers Assistant - Temp
Blizzard Entertainment's audio team is seeking a Composer's
Assistant to support our Music Staff to maintain and maximize our
engagement in all music related tasks involved with our franchises.
The Music Team is part of the Story and Franchise Development
Department and work with all Blizzard teams to create music for
in-game content, trailers, cinematics and much more.
You will be assisting with all aspects of music production, working
with producers and composers to help with recording sessions and
everything along the music pipeline to ensure that composers eyes
and ears are on all materials. You will be editing and prepping
music assets and implementing them using custom tools as directed.
You will also be responsible for managing and archiving all related
Superior organizational and communication skills are required, as
well as the ability to create top drawer mock-ups and arrangements.
Proficiency in music editing is a requisite. Solid orchestration
skills are a plus, must be fluid in Sibelius and or Finale.
* Create MIDI mock-ups based on composer's specification.
* Assist composers and contractors in all forms of score
preparation (e.g., notation, orchestration, etc.).
* Music editing.
* Manage and archive all music assets.
* Assisting composer with implementing music assets in the game
using custom tools as directed.
* Managing composer's computers, templates, software upgrades,
instrument libraries, etc.
* Work with composer to troubleshoot music-related requests for
games and editors.
* Assist in organizing recording sessions, tracking cues,
publishing info etc.
* Certificate in music production or equal experience as a
* Knowledge in multiple DAW's (e.g., ProTools, Cubase, Reaper
* Ability to notate music in Sibelius or Finale.
* Experience in organizing recording sessions and working with
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Self-motivated with the ability to work on tight deadlines in a
* Ability to work within a team dynamic.
* Computer literate and familiar with MS Office products.
* Passion for video games.
Plus to Have
* Fluent in Blizzard games, and their lore.
* Experience assisting for other composers/studios.
* Experience in the video game industry.
* Experience working in level editors, Wwise, or creating game
* Knowledge in Adobe products (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator,
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our
employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and
perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've
worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative
environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training
and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything.
Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are
dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment
experiences---ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., Irvine , Composers Assistant - Temp, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!