Lead Craftsperson (PIC)
Company: B. Braun Medical
Posted on: May 15, 2022
B. Braun Medical, Inc.Lead Craftsperson (PIC)US-CA-IrvineJob ID:
2022-20202Type: Regular Full-Time# of Openings: 1Category:
ManufacturingIrvine FacilityOverviewAbout B. Braun B. Braun Medical
Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops,
manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services
to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include
nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound
care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating
preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and
environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in
Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in
the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap
- and CAPS -. Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs
more than 64,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing
Expertise - philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge
with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical
issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B.
Braun Medical, visit .ResponsibilitiesPosition Summary: Under
general supervision, performs advanced, complex, and critical
corrective and preventive maintenance on mechanical equipment,
processing and any equipment between areas assigned by Supervisor
and integrates special project work with regular work schedules.
This is an advanced journey-level maintenance lead position and
repair classification that provides direction and monitors the work
progress of the Agency's maintenance department technicians.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Assists the department Manager or Supervisor in leading a group
of peers/subordinates largely in coordination of work which may
include materials loading, production functions, maintenance
functions and training/mentoring.
- Troubleshoots complex equipment problems, and recommends time,
equipment, and materials required to effect repairs; makes
emergency repairs as required.
- Inspects, evaluates, and repairs a variety of complex and
critical stationary and mobile mechanical equipment, electrical and
electro-mechanical equipment, and facilities.
- Monitors operational details and performs or oversees
maintenance work in conformance with OEM recommendations and
technical requirements, and to department standard.
- Provides input on supervised staff performance evaluations
including matters of discipline and/or commendation.
- Use the SAP system to create, assign, complete, and enter work
done on work orders; requisitions materials as required.
- Runs and reviews SAP reports regularly to ensure service
records are input correctly, and parts and equipment inventories
are accurate and in the MSR.
- Regularly reviews critical equipment records to ensure asset
condition updates and repair planning.
- Repairs, overhauls or replaces malfunctioning, damaged
equipment or worn parts.
- Confers with staff to determine equipment problems; suggests
methods of minimizing such problems in an operational setting.
- Performs and oversees Lockout Tag-out (LOTO) work.
- Attends and leads training and safety sessions as
- Develops manufacturing requirements via forecasting and/or
customer's orders and schedules production resources to produce the
requirements effectively and efficiently.
- Enhances the customer's perception of the company by maximizing
service levels and minimizing backorder.
- Evaluates and establishes resource requirements for headcount,
capacity and inventory. Key Performance Indicators include customer
service levels, production schedule attainment, and inventory range
- Performs normal base job functions in area of expertise when
requested.The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also
include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from
time to time. General:It shall be the duty of every employee while
at work to take reasonable care for safety and health of
himself/herself and other persons. Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Required to apply comprehensive working knowledge of technical
field/area of specialization. Exercises general application of
principles, theories and concepts, and proposes a course of action.
Performs comprehensive shop floor competencies.
- Works under general supervision. May periodically assist in
orienting, training, assigning & checking the work of other
- May require some limited judgement in resolving problems.
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads,
subordinates, and peers. Occasional contact with external
- Ability to interact with others (co-workers, supervisors,
subordinates, vendors, member agencies, and the general public) in
a professional manner; to accept constructive criticism from
supervisors, equals, and subordinates; to work as a team member or
independently as needed; to prioritize assignments and meet
deadlines; to prevent personal problems from adversely affecting
impacting your work or that of others around you; to arrive at work
as scheduled and to work the shift hours as scheduled.
- High school diploma/G.E.D or equivalent required.
- 05-08 years related experience OR PBS requirements completed
and pass assessment at appropriate level.
- Applicable industry/professional certification preferred.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance
- Ability to work non-standard schedule as needed While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and
arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
.Additional Information Responsibilities: Other Duties: The
preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of
work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this
description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify,
change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due
to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical
Demands:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
- Moderate work - Exerting up to 40 lbs of force occasionally,
and/or up to 20 lbs of force frequently, and/or 10 lbs force
constantly to move objects.Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and
- Frequently:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull, Stand,
Visual Acuity with or without corrective lenses
- Occasionally:Climbing stairs/ladders, Finger feeling, Sitting ,
- Frequently:Hearing - ordinary, fine distinction, loud (hearing
protection required), Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward,
Seeing - depth perception, color vision, field of
vision/peripheral, Standing, Talking - ordinary, loud/quick,
- Constantly:N/AEnvironmental Conditions:
- Frequently:Proximity to moving parts
- Constantly:N/AWork Environment: The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity:Moderate
- Occasionally:Office environment
- Constantly:Production/manufacturing environment What We OfferB.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes
healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more
about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing
of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at
Through its Sharing Expertise - initiative, B. Braun promotes best
practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and
services.NoticesEqual Opportunity Employer Veterans/DisabledAll
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other
legally protected status.PI177357170
Keywords: B. Braun Medical, Irvine , Lead Craftsperson (PIC), Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!