QC Chemist III
Company: B. Braun Medical
Posted on: May 15, 2022
B. Braun Medical, Inc.QC Chemist IIIUS-CA-IrvineJob ID:
2022-20071Type: Regular Full-Time# of Openings: 1Category:
ManufacturingIrvine FacilityOverviewAbout B. Braun B. Braun Medical
Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops,
manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services
to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include
nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound
care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating
preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and
environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in
Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in
the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap
- and CAPS -. Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs
more than 64,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing
Expertise - philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge
with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical
issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B.
Braun Medical, visit .ResponsibilitiesPosition Summary: The QC
Chemist III is responsible for working with site end users and
corporate team to configure and support LIMS application workflow
and lab processes. This position will be responsible for the
performance, setup, troubleshooting, training and other related
issues with the LIMS application. Responsibilities: Essential
- Plans and organizes chemical analysis of starting material, in
process and finished product and stability studies and ensure
adherence to approved test methods, specifications, procedures,
equipment operating instruments and guidelines.
- Responsible for the overall system of compilation, preparation
and release of test results/ reports.
- Conducts chemical analysis and experiments to develop new
knowledge, materials, processes and products.
- Analyzes samples from various sources to provide information on
- Develops new techniques to analyze chemicals.
- Collaborates with specialists to interpret data and writes
reports about the results.
- Analyzes test information to determine process efficiency and
works on improvements.
- Assist in developing, reviewing, and maintaining site specific,
related documentation (i.e. SOPs, TPs and SPECs).
- Responsible for discrepancy investigation and change control
- Support inspections/audits for LIMS specific topics, requests,
or questions.The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall
also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor
from time to time.General:It shall be the duty of every employee
while at work to take reasonable care for safety and health of
himself/herself and other persons. Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires advanced knowledge of professional field and industry.
Influences the development of and drives the application of
principles, theories, concepts. Determines best course of
- Work under minimal supervision. Relies on experience and
judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals. May periodically
assist in orienting, training, and/or reviewing the work of
- Judgement is required in resolving complex problems based on
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads,
subordinates, and peers. Occasional contact with external
contractors/vendors. Preferred Requirements:
- BS Chemistry degree preferred.
- Laboratory experience in general or pharmaceutical QC chemistry
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- 04-06 years related experience required.
- Regular and predictable attendance While performing the duties
of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or
hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or
feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally
required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 20 pounds. . Additional Information
Responsibilities: Other Duties: The preceding functions have been
provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees
assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the
work assignments of different positions due to reasonable
accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects.Lifting, Carrying,
Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Occasionally:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull
- Frequently:Stand, Sit
- Occasionally:Hearing - ordinary, fine distinction, loud
(hearing protection required), Push/pull, Reaching upward and
downward, Talking - ordinary, loud/quick, Walking
- Frequently:Handling, Sitting , Standing
- Constantly:N/AEnvironmental Conditions:
- Occasionally:Exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals (in most
- Constantly:N/AWork Environment: The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity:Moderate
- Occasionally:Production/manufacturing environment
- Constantly:Lab environment What We OfferB. Braun offers an
excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k)
plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and
our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment
opportunities, please visit us on the internet at
Through its Sharing Expertise - initiative, B. Braun promotes best
practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and
services.NoticesEqual Opportunity Employer Veterans/DisabledAll
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other
legally protected status.PI177357155
Keywords: B. Braun Medical, Irvine , QC Chemist III, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!