Company: HELIX ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNING
Posted on: May 14, 2022
HELIX Environmental Planning, Inc. (HELIX), a growing,
employee-owned California-based environmental consulting and
planning firm, is seeking a motivated As-Needed Biologist with
critical thinking skills and a strong work ethic to join our
Southern California Team. HELIX provides CEQA/NEPA, biological,
cultural resource management, habitat restoration, regulatory
permitting, environmental compliance monitoring, acoustics and
noise control, air quality and greenhouse gas, and GIS services to
both the public and private sectors.
Why work for HELIX? We are an employee-owned firm, hard-working
with a casual and collaborative work environment. Our employees
describe us as Caring, Team-oriented, Focused on Integrity, and
The As-Needed Biologist position provides support to our biology
team throughout the year, especially during our busy field season
in the spring. This position is an as-needed position and is
utilized to supplement our full-time workforce. You will not be
guaranteed a minimum number of hours.
Biologist duties may include:
- Conducting terrestrial biological monitoring for
- Conducting terrestrial biology surveys, including vegetation
mapping, and/or focused species surveys.
- Managing personal workload and coordinating schedule with
Project Managers and La Mesa Operations Manager as
- Maintaining accurate field notes and maps, project files, work
- Providing high quality work products on schedule and within
The ideal candidate must possess excellent communication and
collaboration skills as working closely with HELIX team members is
essential to the success of this position. Strong analytical
skills, a positive attitude, flexible mindset, and adaptability to
changing circumstances is imperative.
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to
diversity and an inclusive work environment. We encourage all
qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender, race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual
orientation), parental status, national origin, disability, age,
genetic information (including family medical history), political
affiliation, military service or veteran status. These protections
extend to all management practices and decisions, including
recruitment and hiring, appraisal systems, promotions, training,
and career development programs.
#Biologist #Biology #Terrestrialbiology #constructionmonitoring
#fieldsurveysMinimum Requirements for Biologist:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in an environmental science,
biology or related field (degree in biochemistry or microbiology
- Three years of professional experience (outside of academic
requirements) related to terrestrial biology, including experience
with an environmental consulting firm.
- Two years of local experience conducting terrestrial
construction monitoring and/or two years of conducting surveys for
terrestrial biological resources.
- Demonstrated experience working with Southern California
terrestrial flora and fauna.
- Experience with terrestrial field data collection methods and
- Demonstrated experience maintaining accurate field notes and
maps, project files, work logs, etc.
- Must be able to hike long distances over varying terrain under
varying weather conditions.
- Valid California Driver's License with a clean driving record
over the last 3 years.
Qualifications considered a plus for Biologist:
- Permits from U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to survey for
Southwestern Willow Flycatcher, coastal California gnatcatcher,
Quino checkerspot butterfly, and/or other listed species.
- Experience conducting least Bell's vireo, Arroyo Toad, and
Burrowing Owl surveys
- Demonstrated experience preparing biological monitoring
- A Master's degree or higher in biology, natural resources, or
- Experience conducting jurisdictional delineations, California
Rapid Assessment Method (CRAM) analyses, habitat restoration
monitoring, and/or preparing Clean Water Act permit
Keywords: HELIX ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNING, Irvine , As-Needed Biologist, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!