Senior Data Scientist
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Sr. Data ScientistWe are looking for a Senior Data Scientist /
ML Engineer who will support our product development and sales
efforts by applying and developing ML techniques to automate
operational processes. The ideal candidate is adept at using large
data sets to find opportunities for product and process
optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of
different courses of action. They must have strong experience using
a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of
data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating
algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a
proven ability to drive business results with their data-based
insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of
stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a
passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and
working with stakeholders to improve business
- Take existing research based on classical statistical learning
(Random Forrest) and make improvements to existing models.
- Mine and analyze data from customer operational data to drive
optimization and improvement of product development.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and
data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models
and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model
performance and data accuracy.Required:
- Masters or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or
- Intermediate spoken English skills.
- Someone with 3-5 years either research or industry experience
building statistical models.
- Experienced with the following software/tools:
- Coding knowledge and experience with Python
- Python libraries: Jupyter, SciPi, Numpy
- Classical Machine Learning libraries: Random Forrest, Gradient
Boosted Trees, Hierarchical Clustering
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques
(clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks,
etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts
(regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and
proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning
algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario
analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks,
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders.by
Keywords: Kore1, Irvine , Senior Data Scientist, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!