Posted on: January 15, 2022
Position SummaryThe Job Captain coordinates project resources
and production to assist in ensuring production effort is on
schedule and on budget, according to design specifications, with
desired quality results. They must exercise effective time
management and awareness of impact on the project budget and will
conduct work within standards under the direction of
- Communicate and coordinate with clients and consultant
- Identify and document changes in scope.
- Redline drawings and perform progress coordination
- Review and participate in project billings.
- Consistently verify accuracy of own work and the work of
- Assist in educating and mentoring junior staff.
- Contribute to budget and scheduling review meetings.
- Participate in the following phases under general supervision
of the Project Manager:Design Development
- Support the design team efforts and solutions by actively
interpreting design and code, and coordinating an accurate
graphical technical solution.
- Perform code analysis and building justification.
- Review Design Development work with the design team on a
regularly scheduled basis.
- Prepare DD drawing to define and elaborate on the design
- Develop constructable project specific details.
- Review standard details to determine applicability to the
- Coordinate DD with project design team.Construction
- Possess a firm understanding of and ability to generate
technical details such as waterproofing, roofing, exterior
closures, openings, structural systems, mechanical/electrical
- Construct a vast majority of a set of CDs independently, with
appropriate level of organization and annotation, including
dimensions, notation, labels, and detailing.
- Respond to plan check review from municipal agencies, change
drawings as required and create written responses to plan check
comments to obtain project approvals within an appropriate
- Develop complete and accurate deliverable packages appropriate
to schedule and budget.
- May review and edit specifications.
- Coordinate with client, consultants, and design
- Perform all construction phase services.
- Attend site meetings as required by scope of services.
- Review and respond to RFIs.
- Review submittals.
- Review pay applications if required.
- Review change orders if required.
- Maintain CA logs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Required Skills And AbilitiesAccurate and detail oriented
- Ability to research and learn various codes and ordinances
- Ability to work on multiple projects and maintain effective
communication and quality control
- Demonstrated ability to plan, schedule, direct work of self and
- Basic understanding and proficiency using the following
- AutoCad and/or REVIT
- Sketch Up
- Adobe Suite
- MS OfficeExperience And Knowledge
- Minimum of 3 years industry experience
- 4-year Architectural degree preferred and/or combination of
required education and experience
- Intermediate understanding of building codes, including
national and state local codes
- Specialized knowledge of various product types, code
requirements, and construction practices and how to apply, detail,
and specify them About Actalent:Actalent connects passion with
purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities
drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our
customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are
making an impact. Were supporting critical initiatives in
engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the
world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through
experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the
difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the
global leader in talent solutions.The company is an equal
opportunity employer and will consider all applications without
regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin,
veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Aerotek, Irvine , Job Captain, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!