Principal Systems Design Engineer
Company: Western Digital
Posted on: January 13, 2022
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and
push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers.
People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For
decades, weve been doing just that. Our technology helped people
put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth
organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive
gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars
smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind
many of the worlds biggest companies and public cloud, Western
Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately?
Youll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure
behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that
captures and preserves your most precious moments? Thats us,
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices
and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric
solutions are comprised of the Western Digital, G-Technology,
SanDisk and WD brands.
Todays exceptional challenges require your unique skills. Its You &
Western Digital. Together, were the next BIG thing in data.
- As a Design Engineer in the Enterprise SSD System Design and
Architecture Group you will design and implement system
requirements for SSD products, based on PCIe/NVMe protocols
- Lead product development role from Inception to High Volume
- Activities include setting up and enhancing the PCIe validation
test environment, creating test plans, developing and executing
- Collaborates with Firmware and ASIC engineers to explore
performance and power trade-offs upon different use-cases and
- Determines specs and working parameters for ASIC / FW
- Coordinates design of subsystems and integration of the overall
system. Identifies, analyzes and resolves product deficiencies
- Analysis of new technologies, and drive of design decisions
based on both empirical and theoretical data
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical / Computer Engineering.
- 2-7 years of experience in an engineering development
- Highly organized and Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Able to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks.
- Ability to achieve results in a fast-moving, dynamic
- Hands-On experience in Firmware and/or ASIC-design
- SoC architectural level understanding
- Strong working knowledge with PCIe standard and Good
understanding of processor architecture like ARM/ARC or
- Debug skills using lab equipment like high speed PCIE protocol
analyzer and oscilloscopes
- Hand on experience with firmware and/or hardware Design
- Ability to write/debug firmware with C/C++, Python
- Hardware experience with NVME, DDR and/or Power Supplies
Western Digital is committed to providing equal opportunities to
all applicants and employees and will not discriminate based on
their race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress
and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or
related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical
conditions), gender (including a persons gender identity, gender
expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or
not stereotypically associated with the persons assigned sex at
birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical
condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status),
physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic
information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air
Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally
protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any
individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our
non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment. We
comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the Equal
Employment Opportunity is the Law poster.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As
a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the
diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from
within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in
the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers,
and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive
environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of
belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to
applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can
successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to advise us of your
accommodation request. In your email, please include a description
of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job
title and requisition number of the position for which you are
Keywords: Western Digital, Irvine , Principal Systems Design Engineer, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!