Company: Michael Page
Posted on: January 13, 2022
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based
on an individual's status in any group or class protected by
applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications
from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all
other qualified applicants.SummaryOur client is looking for a
Senior Superintendent in Orange County who is flexible with travel
for a project, with their home base being in Irvine. They must have
experience with entertainment project, studio builds and tilt
walls. Client DetailsOur client was founded and remains grounded on
principles of honesty and working in a safe and unified manner that
achieves predictable, quality results. The concept of Constructing
with Integrity perfectly integrates their values with how they do
business. They are one of the top General Contractors in North
America and have a growing presence in Orange County. Our client's
employees have the opportunity to not only grow in their
professional careers but take part in meaningful work with a
diverse group of clients and industries. They invest heavily in
employee development, allowing them to expand their skills and be
promoted based on merit, not longevity.DescriptionConstruction
Senior Superintendent Duties and Responsibilities
- Studies specifications to plan procedures for construction on
basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements
for each phase of construction, based on knowledge of available
tools and equipment and various building methods.
- Interacts with Project Manager(s) to determine the project
scheduled; develops and utilizes "look ahead" schedules to assess
progress and spot upcoming issues.
- Coordinates the pre-construction meeting with the Project
Manager prior to mobilization.
- Directs procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at
specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Meets and directs supervisory personnel engaged in planning and
executing work procedures, interpreting specification, and
coordination various phases of construction pro prevent
- Meets regularly with craft personnel to update them on
construction issues and to gather input for solutions.
- Meets with subcontractors prior to the sub's mobilization to
review scope of work and schedule; advises subcontractors prior to
each phase of work on schedule and phasing requirements.
- Client Facing
- Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel and/or
inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve
construction problems and to improve construction methods.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that work confirms to
specifications and to construction schedules.
- Manages the project based on progress reports, material used,
and costs and adjusts work schedules accordingly
- Works in conjunction with Project Manager in preparing the
Project Management Plan.
- Ensures company policies, such as safety policies, are
implemented consistently; ensure company quality standards and
housekeeping requirements are maintained.
- Supervises other Superintendents, General Foreman, Foremen,
Project Managers, Project Engineers and all direct labor positions
on job site; manages appraisal and work assignments of
personnel.ProfileSenior Superintendent Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or construction OR 10 years
project management experience.
- 15 years commercial construction experience and/or
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent administrative skill.
- Great problem solver
- At least 1 year experience in negotiating contracts.
- Dependable understanding and ability to apply building codes
and other design requirements.
- Reliable blueprint reading skills.
- Demonstrated ability as a team leader
- **Willing to be flexible with travel to an international
client's project** Job Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 401k Match
- Employee Stock Program
- Gym Reimbursement
- Room for growth
Keywords: Michael Page, Irvine , Senior Superintendent, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!