Company: Area51 Electronics
Posted on: January 13, 2022
At Area51 Electronics, we are looking for someone who wants to
make a difference by helping the people around them and add value
to Area51 Electronics through their work. As an electronic
components distributor, we strive to provide the highest quality to
our customers, and this passion for quality transcends beyond our
products and services; we are interested in quality people. We are
looking for passionate people who want to make a difference to
join, learn, and grow with our team.
This position's primary objective is to actively create purchase
orders based on bookings, review and understand customers'
requirements and flow down that information to the vendors and
expedite pending purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery. The
incumbent of this position is expected to be meticulous and
systematic with their purchasing responsibilities.
We are looking for a passionate Junior Buyer who understands the
crucial role they play in our company and is eager to be a team
player in the Purchasing Department.
This is an entry-level position, however, depending on the
individual and their competency, there is potential room for growth
to become a Buyer.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has a passion for helping people, procurement, results, and
- Can pick up and learn new material in a relatively short amount
- Enjoys collaboration, communicating, and helping others
- Possesses the ability to focus on small details and ensure
accuracies in their work
- Capable of working in a fast-paced work environment and able to
perform job essentials without the quality of their work to
- Has a strong and excellent work ethic (honesty, integrity,
humility, respect, and accountability)
- Will do their best at all times and cares about the quality of
their work, even when no one is looking
- Has the passion and intrinsic motivation to learn, change
(reflect), and grow
- Is disciplined, dedicated, and determined to produce desirable
results (going beyond the barest minimum and expectations)
- Manages their time wisely (be punctual and observe
Job Title: Junior Buyer IWork Schedule: M-F (8:00 AM-5:00
Job SummaryUnder the Purchasing Manager's supervision, the
incumbent is responsible for creating purchase orders based on
provided bookings, reviewing and understanding customers'
requirements, and flowing accurate information to the vendors. The
individual is also expected to follow up and track the progress of
orders until it passes inspection and verification.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:Include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the start to finish process of buying and
expediting with supervision.
- Review and understand the customer's RFQ and Purchase Order
requirements and flow down information accurately to the vendor.
- Document and flow down requirements specified by our customers
and/or by the Sales Department to the relevant vendors.
- Negotiate pricing, lead time, and terms and conditions with our
- Select the optimal transportation option based on the
customer's requirements, cost, safety, and service.
- Request approval from Purchasing Manager for any inbound
- Create purchase orders based on provided bookings.
- Expedite and track pending purchase orders with vendors to
ensure on-time delivery.
- Archive completed purchase orders on our network drive.
- Meet and/or exceed department and company goals.
- Adhere to the company's Quality Management System (QMS) and
comply with all purchasing-related policies, procedures, and forms.
- Learn the relationship between the Purchasing Department and
- Initiate and establish relationships with the company's
- Start the initial evaluations and re-evaluations with
authorized distributors, authorized resellers, and manufacturers.
- Attend monthly purchasing and company meetings.
- Utilize Area51 Electronics' proprietary software program and
electronic properties (i.e. computer, printer, etc.) for all job
- Contribute to and provide QMS and purchasing process
improvements and suggestions.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Required - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
EducationRequired: Minimum of High School Diploma or GED from an
accredited institutionPreferred: Bachelor's degree in any field
ExperiencePreferred: One (1) year of work experience in
Language SkillsAble to communicate professionally in English, both
verbally and through written form to a diverse group of people.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Able to organize many tasks, determine priority, and
independently complete detailed skills
- Able to demonstrate the ability to conduct one's self in a
- Ability to participate in work-related activities as a team
- Must be able to operate a computer and Area51 Electronics'
proprietary software program
- Ability to work independently with a self-motivated attitude,
as well as in a team environment
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to think critically and creatively to solve
- Ability to multi-task, respond to continually changing needs
with a positive attitude
- Ability to efficiently manage deadlines
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Effective writing and communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; Outlook, Word, and
Work Environment:The work environment will be the incumbent's home.
This is currently (and temporarily) a WFH position.
Essential Physical Functions
- Stand: Moderate
- Sit: Moderate to Frequent
- Walk: Moderate
- Bend: Moderate
- Handle Objects: Moderate
- Reach Above Shoulder Level: Moderate
- Use Fine Finger Movements: Continuous
- Carry/Lift Loads up to 25 Pounds: Moderate
Essential Cognitive Functions
- Reason and Analyze: Continuous
- Read/Comprehend written/spoken English: Continuous
- Generate Written Work Product: Continuous
- Communicate Orally in English: Continuous
- Work Under Time Pressure: Continuous
- Independent Problem Solving: Continuous
- Interruptions: Continuous
- Maintain Team Collaboration: Continuous
- Organize: Continuous
- Prioritize: Continuous
- Computations: Continuous
Essential Environmental Factors
- Interruptions: Depending on the home environment
Task takes less than 1/3 of the time: ModerateTask takes 1/3 to 2/3
of the time: Moderate to FrequentTask takes more than 2/3 of the
Keywords: Area51 Electronics, Irvine , Junior Buyer, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!