Senior Data Scientist
Company: Cox Automotive
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Primary Location: 2002 Summit Blvd, Irvine, CA, USDivision: Cox
AutomotiveJob Level: Individual ContributorTravel: NoSchedule:
Full-timeShift: Day JobRequisition Number: _Our data scientists are
responsible for leading the development of advanced analytics
models to solve our customers problems through innovative products
and services; and inform internal business operations and strategy.
They will work closely with product, engineering, and our business
stakeholders as the subject matter expert on the application
mathematical modeling across our family of leading automotive
brands. The Senior Data Scientist works independently on all phases
of an analytics project. The scope of work includes the data
analysis and preparation, model development, and the presentation
of results and recommendations to stakeholders.The Senior Data
Scientist works independently on all phases of an analytics
project. The scope of work includes the data analysis and
preparation, model development, and the presentation of results and
recommendations to stakeholders.PRIMARY DUTIES/KEY
- Work independently on all phases of an analytics project,
including formulation, research, development, implementation,
testing, and maintenance.
- Assist with problem formulation and the selection of an
- Present findings and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Maintain an awareness of trends in the field; research and
suggest new methodologies. Qualifications:
- BS/BA with 5 years experience; MS with 2 years experience; PhD
with up to 2 years experience.
- Degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics,
Computer Science, Economics, or related quantitative field.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and
- Proven experience applying descriptive, predictive, and
prescriptive statistics to real-world problems.
- Experience querying relational databases using SQL.
- Experience using programming languages like Python, R, SAS
- Ability to develop and maintain production-ready code.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) strongly
- The ability to present findings clearly and concisely to team
members and data science leadership.
- The ability and inclination to coach junior staff.
- Expertise in one or more of the following strongly preferred:
- Generalized linear models, time series models, forecasting
techniques, cluster analysis, and principle component
- Linear and mixed integer optimization, discrete event
simulation, heuristic methods, and network flow analysis.
- Machine Learning: Selecting, tuning, and implementing a variety
of common supervised and unsupervised models, including decision
trees, nearest neighbor models, and neural nets; and several
standard ML libraries, such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, or
- Experience creating compelling data visualizations strongly
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the
duties of the position successfully within required timeframes in
order to meet business requirements.
Who We AreAbout Cox AutomotiveTheres nothing ordinary about Cox
Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion
for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We
make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for
everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents,
we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the
automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for
our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book,
while others are creating the future of automotive at
industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About
Cox We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark
since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying
true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for
growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary
divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a
new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse
broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive
transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators.
Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare
to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next
generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our
leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are
today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose
that unites us at coxenterprises.com.Benefits of working at Cox may
include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement
planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave,
flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on
what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .Cox is
an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox
provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified
applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations
would cause an undue hardship. Statement to ALL Third-Party
Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from
agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do
not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox
employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is
not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited
Keywords: Cox Automotive, Irvine , Senior Data Scientist, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!