Tax Attorney - Permanent Remote - Home Based
Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: September 4, 2021
Top ranked regional CPA firm is searching for Tax Attorneys at
the Experienced Staff, Senior, and Manager levels. We provide a
wide range of tax and related consulting services to individual and
commercial clients in a variety of industries. This position may
either base in Irvine, CA, be permanently home based with a
candidate living in any location, or be a hybrid remote
We offer a rewarding career path for exceptional and motivated
individuals, within a reasonable work / life balance. From the
moment your employment begins, you will be exposed to a wide
variety of projects that will give you the opportunity to stand out
and make a difference. We offer high base salaries and bonuses,
relocation and visa assistance, and exceptional opportunities for
career growth. If preferred, permanent home based role may be
The Tax Advisory Senior or Manager will provide strategic and
creative solutions for complex tax issues. S/he will identify and
implement tax planning opportunities and provide advice on
opportunities and risks related to restructuring and M&A deals.
Excellent research and writing skills, advanced technical skills in
a variety of tax and accounting areas, and well-developed and
applied management and supervisory skills are required. The Manager
makes decisions on all but the most unusual tax situations.
- Provides tax consulting services to corporate and individual
- Identifies and analyzes complex tax issues and provides
strategic and creative solutions for a variety of entities and
- Demonstrates excellence in most advanced technical skills and
research and writing skills.
- Performs all tasks related to client service and sees that
assignments are accomplished within budgeted time.
- Delegates and manages tax research projects and memorandums to
achieve an accurate and efficient product.
- Participates actively in client meetings and tax planning
efforts to assist the A&A Department with larger clients.
- Acts as a resource for tax preparers/specialists and A&A
staff on specific tax issues and/or questions.
- Assumes client service responsibility for clients the Tax
Manager works directly with or clients where the responsibility is
delegated from the Partner.
- Communicates to the appropriate firm personnel important tax
and tax developments affecting the firms’ clients.
- Delegates and manages governmental tax examinations; may
represent the client before the appropriate taxing
- Works to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in
recruiting, performance evaluations, development training aids, and
acting as an instructor in professional development programs.
- Accurate and timely billing and collection processes are
- Possesses a complete knowledge of the firms’ philosophy and its
opinions on tax matters.
- Maintains knowledge of general economic and political trends of
possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business
- Prepares other reports and projects as requested from time to
time by the partners.
- Participates in firm practice development efforts through
involvement with referral sources, community and industry
- Promotes the most efficient operations of the Firm and supports
compliance guidelines in managing others.
- Participates in reviews and evaluations of the tax
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of current tax laws.
- Proficiency in use of computer tax research, and/or tax
planning software programs.
- Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet
deadlines. Ability to complete work in an efficient and accurate
- Ability to reason and effectively multi-task.
- Responsible for the development, coaching and training of
Supervising Seniors, Seniors, Semi-seniors and Staff
- Must be familiar with the qualifications of all Tax staff
members for the development and instruction of their training
- Participates in reviews and evaluations of the Tax
- At least two (2) to seven (7) years’ experience in public
accounting, demonstrating a proven progression in tax complexity,
scope, and research.
- Minimum one (1) year experience supervising and directing work
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Juris Doctor degree
required; Masters/LLM in accounting or taxation preferred.
- Minimum of forty (40) hours of continuing education is required
each year to maintain and develop technical and business
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Participates in career development program to improve
managerial, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Respects and embraces diversity; looks to build a One-Firm team
spirit among staff.
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Irvine , Tax Attorney - Permanent Remote - Home Based, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!