Are you looking to advance your career in a role with meaningful
work? Do you want the stability of an industry-leading organization
with entrepreneurial freedom to advance based on your personal
results? As a Financial Advisor with Ameriprise, you'll help shape
your clients' financial futures for each stage in their lives. It's
a tremendous responsibility, but you won't go it alone. Thrive in a
respectful, supportive environment that encourages you to perform
at your peak!
We offer a competitive base salary plus uncapped monthly bonus
opportunities and a full employee benefits package to support your
wellbeing. You'll have access to extensive, in-person training
taught by local leaders who will coach and develop you over three
years to build a book of business and embark on a long-term career
as an Ameriprise Financial advisor. We will provide tools and
support to help you obtain your required licenses/credentials, and
we’ll cover your licensing and training costs. We recognize your
achievements and understand that work is one of the many important
aspects in your life. While maintaining respect for that life
balance, we help you advance your career and reach your goals.
• Attend and engage in coaching and training led by the
leadership team and established advisors.
• Generate client prospects by attending local tradeshows and
events, hosting seminars, joining networking groups, utilizing
online marketing venues, and asking for referrals.
• Develop and execute a marketing plan to attract and engage
target audiences that will attract client prospects to build your
• Schedule and conduct financial planning and advice meetings
with clients and client prospects.
• Build deep, meaningful relationships with clients and
develop a service model to provide solutions that support their
• Achieve or exceed program standards; receive additional
compensation opportunities and recognition tied to your
• Build a book of business as a stand-alone Ameriprise
• If desired, explore teaming opportunities with seasoned
financial advisors as you achieve program standards and advance in
your training curriculum.
• Follow high standards of business and professional ethics
and legal and regulatory requirements when serving clients and
prospects and performing all work-related activities.
• 3+ years of work experience with a proven track record of
• Have a network of personal and professional contacts within the
local area that you may engage for referrals.
• Showcase a background in building strong relationships and
delivering superior client service.
• Cannot have been a financial advisor soliciting securities-based
business or have a securities-based book of clients in the past
• Legally authorized to work in the U.S. and does not now or in the
future require sponsorship for visa status.
• Ability to obtain required licenses within 150 days of hire:
o FINRA Series 7 (Obtaining the Series 7 may include passing the
Securities Industry Essentials exam plus the Series 7 top-off
o State Securities (Series 63 or Series 66)
o State IAR (Series 65 or Series 66)
o State Life, Health Insurance and Variable Products lines
• Four-year college degree, or equivalent
• Demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to succeed in
a goal-oriented environment.
• Willingness and desire to be part of a coaching relationship and
peer learning environment.
• Proven track record of continued success in all industries and
careers including, but not limited to: • Accountants • Attorneys •
Bankers • CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals* • Community
leaders • Consultants • Entrepreneurs • Fundraisers • Insurance
agents • Military personnel • Professional athletes • Real estate
agents and developers • Risk managers • Sales and marketing
professionals • Teachers and educators