Environmental Services Technician I - IRVINE EVS (Irvine, CA, US)
Company: Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Environmental Services Technician I contributes to the
effective operations of the Environmental Services department by
daily cleaning and supplying of patient rooms, treatment rooms,
restrooms, utility rooms, nurseries, nursing stations, lounges,
offices, waiting areas, and other areas as assigned in accordance
with standard policies and procedures. Uses applicable cleaning
equipment, products, and supplies in performance of job
responsibilities. Removes trash and linen from the facility.
Projects an image of professionalism in both verbal and non-verbal
communication, appearance and conduct. Maintains a working
knowledge of departmental standard operating procedures. This
knowledge may include the use of specialized equipment, Quality
Control requirements, and preventive maintenance. Performs other
duties as assigned. Demonstrates outstanding customer service and
"owns" successful patient/customer interactions while providing
safe and high quality cleaning standards including recognizing,
comprehending, and following the meaning of designated signs,
symbols, and written instructions as trained.
Environmental Services Technician I (EVS I)
The Environmental Services Technician I performs a variety of
general daily cleaning tasks to maintain patient care areas which
includes isolation rooms, discharges, offices, corridors,
bathrooms, public areas, collecting regular trash, regulated
medical waste, soiled linens, vacuuming and other assigned areas of
the facility (discharges not to exceed more than 75% of daily shift
- Effectively cleans and sanitizes patient rooms and departments
utilizing the proper cleaning methods, equipment and chemicals.
Includes cleaning of bathrooms, walls, windows, doors, floors and
- Empties trash, wastebaskets and linen hampers and transports
soiled linens according to department standards. Cleans and
maintains trash chute room floors/walls/vents.
- Assists with distribution and storage of supplies.
- Safely and securely handles and transports medical waste;
ensures medical waste storage areas are secured at all times.
- Recognizes, comprehends and follows the meaning/direction of,
designated signs, symbols and written instructions.
- Cleans and organizes janitor closet per department and
regulatory standards; ensures janitor closet is locked and secured
at all times.
- Uses chemicals in a safe manner; uses dispensers correctly to
fill labeled bottles and containers with correct chemicals at all
times as trained.
- Adheres to health and safety standards.
- Participates in the training of new employees and offers
guidance, assistance and direction to less experienced
Education, Training and Experience
- Ability to read, speak, understand, and follow written and
verbal directions in English with a basic range of comprehension
sufficient for understanding job specific forms, documents, signs,
symbols and written instructions.
- Recognizes and comprehends emergency and urgent situations and
is able to react and communicate so others understand.
- Ability to work well with others, follow instructions, and
schedule flexibility due to needs of hospital.
- Lead EVS Tech must exhibit leadership skills and be able to
oversee the work of peers and effectively communicate with team
members and all levels of management in the organization.
- High School graduate or GED.
- Ability to write in English.
- Basic computer skills to include the ability to utilize email
program and complete computer-based training courses with minimal
- Previous hospital and/or hospitality housekeeping
- Experience with the operation of a variety of cleaning
equipment such as vacuums, extractors, bovac, roto.
Skills or Other Qualifications
May be required:
- Valid California driver's license required for those who are
authorized to operate Hoag vehicles.
Keywords: Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian, Irvine , Environmental Services Technician I - IRVINE EVS (Irvine, CA, US), Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!