The PT Supervisor (PTS) plays an important role in driving sales
for the organization. Supervisors will meet personal selling goals
and will coach and motivate associates to achieve their own goals
as well. The Supervisor ensures customers have a consistent;
quality experience while supporting management in meeting Company
expectations and initiatives. The Supervisor will ensure store
standards, which include but are not limited to visual
presentation, merchandising and back of house operations, as per
The Supervisor must have flexible availability which includes
the ability to work during peak and non-peak times, weekends and
holidays. This allows the Supervisor to open or close the store as
well as provide coverage during peak times to cover breaks,
meetings and other times as determined by the Store Manager (SM) or
Assistant Manager (ASM). The Supervisor helps set the pace on the
sales floor and models desired selling behaviors at all times.
Supervisors could be scheduled up to 25 hours per week, however
hours may flex up to 30 hours (with District Manager/Regional
Manager approval) based on the needs of the business.
PTS COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
The PT Supervisor must demonstrate a set of competencies/skills
that establish them as a sales driver within the store as well as
show the ability to execute and give direction. These competencies
outline a skill-set that is required of a PT Supervisor to be
successful in their role.
Competencies include, but are not limited to:
People: Influences people through effective communication. The
PTS can influence people through motivation and persuasion, as well
as direct and delegate tasks..
Results: Stays focused on performance. The PTS drives results
and ensures accountability to those results. The PTS is action
Thought: Shows that they understand the business through a
strong customer focus and financial acumen.
Self: Remains flexible and adaptable and can manage ambiguity.
The PTS is resilient and maintains composure in all situations.
A PT Supervisor is not directly responsible for addressing the
following, however they may be exposed to these responsibilities
through training and development by the Store Manager:
- Setting Schedules
- Performance Management
The Supervisor may perform other related duties as required by
the Company, store/field leadership, and especially with regard to
serving the customer.
- Provide and ensure legendary customer experiences
- Execute on company strategies
- Train and motivate associates to improve selling and customer
- Lead selling and service efforts as the MOD during scheduled
- Assist customers with wardrobe styling and comfortable with
sharing up to date fashion knowledge
- Display expert product knowledge of product, company history,
company policy and store/company strategies
- Assist in resolving customer service matters in absence of
- Communicate individual and team performance feedback to
- Ensure associates consistently demonstrate client service
- Assist SM/AM in conducting new associate on-boarding and sales
- Ensure adherence to all company policy, procedures and
guidelines in the absence of SM/AM
- Assist in meeting payroll goals by ensuring appropriate floor
coverage and maintaining a selling focus in absence of SM/AM
- Ensure associates receive scheduled breaks and meal periods in
absence of SM/AM
- Perform opening and closing duties when needed.
- Perform merchandise flow duties for the sales floor and
backroom as directed.
- Provide leadership or assistance with floor sets, window
changes and other merchandising and visual expectations
- Perform POS transactions on designated shifts and execute
management functions in the absence of SM/AM.
- Supervisory experience in specialty, luxury goods or a
comparable retail environment
- Proven ability to lead sales team; viewed as leader among
- Demonstrated ability to achieve individual selling goals and
- Demonstrated sales accountability, able to analyze selling
reports, identify business trends and react quickly to the needs of
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and customer service
- Ability to make decisions and mediate conflict within a
- Proficient in windows-based software such as Excel, Word and
- Ability to work a flex schedule (which includes nights, weekend
and holiday availability)
- Ability to bend, lift, open and move product and fixtures up to
50 lbs., as needed
- Ability to climb step stools and ladders
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods at a time
- Possess manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- Ability to travel to other store locations (if needed) and
attend district meetings
- This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing,
reaching, grabbing and standing for long periods of time. May
occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers and