Sr. Preconstruction Mgr.-Commercial Real Estate Development
Company: Duke Realty
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Duke Realty, the nation's leading pure-play, publicly traded,
domestic-only, industrial property REIT with logistic/e-commerce
properties in 20 major U.S. cities, has an exciting opportunity for
a Sr. Preconstruction Manager of to join our construction team in
our Irvine, CA office. Candidates must be attracted to a fast paced
environment where responsiveness and customer service are highly
valued. A predisposition towards teamwork and personal
responsibility will be critical to a candidate's success.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the
- Responsible for managing multiple individual projects from
concept through bidding, design, and subcontract bidding of
- Assist with business development and proposal responses as
- Assemble necessary consultants and contractors and prepare
budget estimates and scopes of work that meet the client
- Prepare complete construction cost estimates in the format
outlined by the Preconstruction Director, including conceptual cost
estimates using historical cost data.
- Lead and manage the entire design phase of the project,
including awarding design subcontracts and design meetings, once
project is approved.
- Actively leads presentations to prospective clients and
participates in the business development and work procurement
- Ability to work directly with Leasing and Business Unit Heads
on all types of development projects.
- Provide value engineering and cost saving suggestions during
the design process, and work with design professionals and internal
resources to implement them.
- Prepare bid packages and obtain subcontractor bids in
conjunction with the Project Manager and Superintendent.
- Assist with Project Management of project as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Candidates will have 8 years of experience in commercial
construction & development with a minimum of 4 years in estimating
and conceptual design. Experience in the design/build construction
of industrial real estate (warehouse, distribution, fulfillment,
and/or manufacturing) and development work/experience is
- Proven track record in management and coordination of
contracts, ability to manage and direct Subcontractors and General
Contractors, and maintain relationships.
- Possess strong initiative and effective organizational
- Attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple projects
and prioritize workload.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport and interact with
various levels of professionals.
- Demonstrated experience working with MS Office Suite to include
Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing to travel to other markets as needed to assist with
- BS degree in civil engineering, construction management, or
related field of study desired.
We offer a competitive salary with bonus opportunity as well as
comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision
coverage, 401(k) and a wellness program.
Keywords: Duke Realty, Irvine , Sr. Preconstruction Mgr.-Commercial Real Estate Development, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!