Procurement - Senior Vendor Analyst
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Senior Vendor Analyst
Job ID 2020-4926
Solugenix is assisting a client, a prestigious and large
investment management company in their search for a
Procurement-Senior Vendor Analyst. This is a 12-month contract
opportunity (with likely extension up to 24 months) based out of
Role Summary: Responsible for leading and influencing strategic
business area-specific and enterprise-wide sourcing activities
including category management, conducting sourcing events, leading
negotiations, contracting and contract management, and supplier
management. Serves as a subject matter expert, as well as a lead
and mentor to internal associates.
Primary responsibilities/essential functions:
- Develop and execute Category Management strategies to achieve
- For the assigned category, develop a deep understanding of
spend and collaborate with business partners and stakeholders to
identify opportunities to increase quality and improve value.
Develop and maintain expert knowledge of respective markets,
competitors, and product innovations.
- Leads business area-specific and enterprise-wide strategic
sourcing activities/projects, influencing business direction.
- Identifies and leads sourcing project team; works closely with
other staff, members of the business, and management to execute
sourcing activities and establish project timelines.
- Analyzes category/project spend data, considering impacts to
budgets, as well as domain knowledge (e.g., cloud-based
applications) and other expertise (i.e., knowledge of the
marketplace, suppliers, competitors, operating models, and
processes) to inform and develop sourcing strategies.
- Conducts market analysis and applies broad industry knowledge
sourcing strategies and recommendations.
Communicate project updates to appropriate audiences.
- Negotiates and executes enterprise contracts for engagements
that are high-dollar, high complexity, or high priority.
Leads Sourcing project team which may comprise of representation
from business, technology, finance, and procurement.
- Partners with the business to develop complex Statements of
Work (SOW) and SLA's (Service Level Agreements).
- Manages the interaction with Legal, Business Partners, and
Suppliers throughout contract revisions and reviews.
Ensures the terms and conditions in the contract meet the
- Manages existing portfolio contacts.
- Develops and maintains relationships with senior business
leaders from multiple business areas
- Leverages relationships to maintain an understanding of broad
strategic initiatives, as well as the business area's operations
- Managing projects and defining key performance indicators (KPI)
and service level agreements (SLA).
Identifies opportunities to drive business decisions and
influence broader outcomes (e.g., strategy, cost savings, process
Maintains on-going communication with suppliers and stakeholders
to ensure mutually agreed upon delivery objectives are met;
analyzes scorecards and dashboards to report on supplier
performance, identifying opportunities for improvement, and
discussing findings with internal and external contacts.
- Provides leadership for Sourcing Strategy team; stays abreast
of external sourcing strategy best practices and makes
recommendations where applicable.
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
Business & Technical Skills:
- Experience working with IT Vendors.
- Develop complex Statements of Work (SOW) and SLA's (Service
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of the client's enterprise
strategy and key priorities.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of negotiation techniques and
About the Client
Our client is an American financial services company. It ranks
among the world's oldest and largest investment management
organizations. They have offices globally.
For over 50 years, Solugenix has been a global technology
development and services firm with locations in California,
Arizona, India, and the Dominican Republic. As a pioneer in
Professional Staffing and IT Consulting, we have partnered with
some of the biggest global corporations across many industries. Our
history was built on a foundation of partnerships with global
brands like McDonald's, Microsoft, CIT Group, Johnson & Johnson,
Herbalife, Sony Pictures Entertainment, and many others who look to
Solugenix to be their trusted partner in providing professional
staffing, non-IT and IT solutions.
We live our core values in everything that we do, starting with
"doing the right thing" for our employees/contractors and
"committing to client success." This is a big part of how we
continue to make lists like "2019 Forbes Small Giants". We also
forge strategic partnerships with vendors and corp-to-corp
candidates (C2C) that share our core values and encourage you to
partner with us.
In addition to generating ground-breaking, industry-defining
solutions for our clients and our own projects, we partner with
clients with whom we share core values and a common professional
culture to help them find talent for their valuable opportunities.
At Solugenix, we invest in the personal development and growth of
every individual. While this is a position with one of our esteemed
clients, Solugenix will continue to invest in your personal growth
and development, providing you with a successful career as well as
ensuring client success.
Keywords: SOLUGENIX, Irvine , Procurement - Senior Vendor Analyst, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!