Fitness Program Manager (20210235)
Company: Trustmark Insurance
Posted on: June 9, 2021
HealthFitness has an exciting new opportunity for a full-time
(40 hrs/wk) Fitness Program Manager at our client site located in
Irvine, CA. In this role, you will manage and direct all
operational aspects of a midsized, single client on-site fitness
program ensuring the highest level of participation, results
achievement and customer satisfaction in the delivery of onsite and
virtual (hybrid) programs and services. You will be responsible for
contract compliance; support of and adherence to the strategic
business plan; staff supervision, training and development; design
and facilitation of a variety of health and fitness programs; and
various administrative duties including preparing outcomes focused
management reports. You will also implement and instruct individual
and group fitness programs, provide floor supervision, fitness
testing, exercise prescriptions, and orientations. You will be
directly responsible for representing physical well-being within
any integrated partnerships.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities for both on-site and
virtual staff in accordance with HealthFitness policies, procedures
and applicable laws including recruiting, orienting, training,
evaluating, developing and planning the succession of associates.
Plans, assigns and directs work assignments to ensure staff remain
challenged and productivity is maximized; provides training and
development opportunities to promote and encourage career
- Ensures all staff is properly trained and hold appropriate
certifications necessary for safe and effective program delivery;
provides continuous feedback and coaching to all program staff to
ensure quality of all programs and services being delivered both
onsite and virtually. Evaluating team performance by observing
onsite instruction, attending live virtual sessions and watching
recorded sessions. Conducts formal performance appraisals on an
annual basis and initiates formal corrective action process when
- Leads regular individual and group staff meetings onsite and
virtually to ensure associates are informed about HealthFitness,
client and program events, initiatives and status.
- Submits employment forms, payroll records and billing
worksheets accurately and according to contract provisions and
- Ensures contract compliance. Manages client relationship to
ensure that high customer satisfaction is maintained and
HealthFitness value is reinforced.
- Adhere to the yearly strategic business plan to identify
contract deliverables, program/ service offerings and initiatives,
targeted outcomes and marketing strategy to meet client objectives
and includes strategies for virtual programming.
- Manages operating budget. Ensures expenditures are made in
accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Supports the development, implementation, and delivery of all
outcomes focused programs to meet client objectives; interfaces
with client company management and peripheral departments as
appropriate to assess client needs and identify HealthFitness
programming solutions for both onsite and virtual fitness
- Tracks participant and program data for measurement of
individual and program goal achievement, outcomes and results;
creates outcomes focused management reports based on the identified
business plan goals and objectives for both onsite and
- Identify expansion opportunities and revenue targets, creates
plans to generate revenue and meet financial goals.
- Directs the implementation of fitness center based programs,
health education activities, motivational programs and special
- General oversight and management of Fitness Center(s)
- Creates a supportive and engaging culture that drives member
participation; delivers personalized services and other programs to
participants as applicable.
- Manages all fitness center program activities in accordance
with HealthFitness operational, quality, safety and service
- Develop and deliver outcomes focused programs and interventions
including data collection and evaluation process; delivers
personalized services and other programs to participants as
- Coordinates marketing and communications to maximize program
engagement for both onsite and virtual programming, bringing in
HealthFitness Corporate support as appropriate. Ensure that both
client and HealthFitness standards and requirements are used/met on
all marketing materials and communications. Create professional
standards for all marketing materials to ensure highest quality and
professionalism for both onsite and virtual audiences.
- Maintains accurate records and ensures confidentiality of data
collected during health assessment and health promotion/membership
activities in accordance with HealthFitness requirements, including
if applicable file transfer, processes, collaborating with related
suppliers and/or storage.
- Ensures compliance is in place for all virtual programs by
making sure all waivers and forms are completed.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion,
Kinesiology or related discipline or equivalent combination of
education, certifications and experience.
- 2+ years' related industry experience.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications from American
Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health
- Ability to lead, manage and operate a fitness center.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills including the
ability to motivate others.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work
- Computer proficiency in MS Office including at minimum Word,
Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise
- Strong technical skills with proven ability to use and teach on
different virtual platforms, technical savvy to think fast and
- Proven ability to build rapport and establish relationships
remotely and in person.
- Strong live/virtual presentation skills and
- Strong presentation skills and professionalism.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Industry recognized Group Exercise certification from ACE,
AFAA, ACSM or NETA (may be required to obtain within 1 year of
- Ability to teach a variety of group exercise class
- Personal Training certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NSCA or
NASM (may be required to obtain within 1 year of hire).
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Previous experience leading virtual fitness programs.
- Experience holding team accountable and managing performance
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse
workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our
business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago
Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.
Keywords: Trustmark Insurance, Irvine , Fitness Program Manager (20210235), Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!