Vice President, Executive & Equity Compensation
Company: Salesforce.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying
for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not
Employee Success Group
Vice President, Executive and Equity Compensation
Location Preferences: San Francisco CA, Seattle WA, Irvine CA,
Chicago IL, or NYC NY
This role is a key senior leader in the Global Total Rewards
organization and focuses on Board Committee Support, notably the
Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors and occasional
support for Audit, Nomination and Governance, and Mergers and
Acquisitions. Oversight and decision responsibility for
compensation programs impacting SVP, EVP, President, and Named
Executive Officer roles.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Contributes to the strategy of the global rewards function on
an overall basis and as a key senior member of the Global Total
Rewards leadership team.
- Set's competitive and internally equitable compensation levels
for Salesforce executive roles, both ongoing and newly hired.
Compensation includes cash and long-term incentives.
- Supports custom incentives for executives and senior teams
where expertise is needed in creative cash and equity compensation
design, eg. ventures type private equity incentives.
- Prepares quarterly and ad hoc Board Compensation Committee
material and attends and presents at meetings. Responsible for high
quality presentation material and liaison work with other
stakeholder groups at senior levels in the Company.
- Manages the company's stock based compensation expense
including new hire and annual stock refresh guidelines, estimates
of competitive position, peer group selection, and quarterly SBC
expense projects. Maintains other complementary metrics around
stock based dilution and burn rate trends.
- Interfaces with investors during proxy season and attends
investor calls and meetings as needed with Investor Relations,
Finance, and Legal.
- Owns the company's Gratitude Bonus plan and ensures plan design
and administration is consistent with the plan requirements.
Provides quarterly estimates on Company performance and outlook,
and estimated bonus funding levels.
- Leads the annual planning for Officer and CEO direct report
compensation including application of competitive analysis and cash
/ equity compensation recommendations.
- Provides executive compensation consultancy and engagement on
all M&A deals including diligence and compensation
recommendations and negotiations.
- The VP Executive and Equity Compensation will have frequent and
regular impact with all senior executives within the company
including prospective candidates and current executives.
- Provides retentive compensation counter offers in the case of
working out an executive termination that requires a compensation /
equity counter. Builds and communicates multi-year compensation
models in support of executive retention.
- Frequent interface Legal, Compliance, Finance, and other roles
within the Company's employee success team (e.g. executive
recruiters and business partners).
- 15+ years of compensation & rewards experience. Executive
compensation experience of minimum of 5 years is also a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with senior
- Excellent communicator (both written and verbal) with the
ability to influence at the highest level in the organization.
- The ability to present at the executive and BOD level on
- Strong technical knowledge around equity expense accounting and
- Knowledge of US SEC disclosures and compliance (SOX) as it
relates to executive compensation and equity programs.
- Experience in the preparation of the annual Proxy including
CD&A content and summary compensation tables.
- Interaction with shareholders around advocacy and communication
of our executive compensation programs internally.
- Experience building, leading and working with teams spanning
- Experience in working in fast-paced environments and also large
enterprise enterprise software companies.
- Frequent interface with the Compensation Committee consultant
and other support personnel.
- Industry savvy, up to date and energized by current and future
industry trends on compensation and benefits trends.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open
positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to
improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to
drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed
to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive
programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource
groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at
Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or
identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran
status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do
not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party
agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with
Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los
Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider
for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction
Keywords: Salesforce.com, Inc., Irvine , Vice President, Executive & Equity Compensation, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!