State and Local Government Manager, Google Cloud, Government Affairs and Public Policy
Company: Google Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience working on technology policy issues
within state and local government, an enterprise software company,
think tanks, public interest groups or relevant industry
- 2 years of experience working with or in state and local
governments, particularly involving enterprise technology
- Experience in government procurement.
- Experience with state lobbying, commensurate legislative,
and/or executive branch experience. Experience representing a large
company or association in the Internet/tech industry.
- Experience with enterprise software policy issues
- Ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing and
sometimes stressful environment.
- Ability to identify opportunities and areas for
- Excellent leadership skills, with ability to collaborate with
multiple teams simultaneously as well as work independently.
- Excellent political, analytical, and communication skills with
high attention to detail.
About the job
In this role, you will partner across Google Cloud and beyond to
address government affairs and public policy issues in Google
Cloud's key state and local markets. In that capacity, you will
represent Google Cloud before state and local policymakers, IT
decision-makers, and government executives. You will also work
collaboratively with stakeholders to support business growth and
public policy objectives at the state and local levels including by
addressing risks and opportunities for the business at those
levels. You will also participate in key trade associations that
are critical to advancing Google Cloud's public policy and business
objectives in the state and local government sector. You will
become familiar with all aspects of Google Cloud's state and local
business, and partner directly with relevant Google Cloud sales and
Google takes its responsibilities seriously, including engaging
with government and other stakeholders on important public policy
challenges. The Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) team
leads the company's engagement with executive branch officials,
legislators, regulators and third-parties in the formation of
public policy. Working closely with Google leaders, GAPP seeks to
identify key policy issues, listen carefully to others' views and
opinions, and distill and share the company's perspective on those
issues with external stakeholders. While we focus on challenges
affecting the internet, our issue areas are increasingly broad and
encompass many areas where public policy, business, and technology
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $138,000 + bonus + equity +
- Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the
minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our
offices in Colorado.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, including Google Cloud Sales, to
develop and execute on government affairs and public policy
objectives in support of Google Cloud at the state and local
- Ensure alignment with the Google Cloud state and local
government sales teams and other stakeholders among business
priorities, public policy goals, and go-to-market strategies.
- Identify, communicate and assist with potential state and local
public sector market opportunities and threats. Manage and
coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs and key
initiatives in concert with business objectives.
- Organize engagement between Google Cloud executives and
government stakeholders to promote and advocate Google Cloud's
public policy policies and benefits to public sector customers and
- Engage with industry associations and policy organizations on
behalf of Google Cloud and ensure appropriate management of outside
Keywords: Google Inc., Irvine , State and Local Government Manager, Google Cloud, Government Affairs and Public Policy, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!