Senior Program Manager
Company: Belkin Corporation
Posted on: June 9, 2021
This position calls for an individual who will be responsible
for managing a number of programs and program teams to complete
programs from concept to first customer ship, while meeting the 3
On's of product launch: "On time", "On quality", and "On
This individual will manage multiple programs following Linksys'
Product Development life cycle process. The job involves constant
interaction with internal cross-functional team members, division
executive staff members, external partners and vendors, sales
account teams and occasionally, end customers. The work scope will
include, but is not limited to, the management of the program teams
and programs, also high-level decision making on which programs to
push forward with and the priority given to them. The individual
will have broad responsibilities in managing programs that involve
team members from all disciplines. The Program Manager should
possess the ability to promote collaborative decision-making
process, provide direction and establish a sense of urgency within
the cross functional teams to meet the 3 On's. The person must be
able to objectively evaluate risks to program objectives and be
comfortable in making difficult decisions, as well as deal with a
certain degree of ambiguity. The person must be capable of making
sound business decisions with minimal guidance.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead multiple product development teams via the product life
cycle process from concept to product delivery.
- Manage programs involving cross-functional disciplines of User
Experience (UX), Software, Hardware, Quality Assurance (QA),
Industrial Design (ID), Mechanical Engineering (ME), Packaging
Engineering (PE), Marketing (IMM/ICG), Supply Chain Operations
(GSM), Technical Publications, Service, and Finance.
- Management of remote teams in the US and internationally may be
- Create, develop, integrate and manage (track) schedule for
program and product delivery.
- Create, develop and manage staffing requirements and resource
- Create, develop and manage program budget and product cost
- Deliver programs under budget, resource and time constraints
established in the program plan.
- Create risk management list and contingency plans. Decide upon
and execute contingency plans, when required.
- Report program status to multi-tiered audiences composed of
team, peers, BU directors and executive staff audiences.
- Participate in process and business workflow improvements in
product life cycle, cost-downs and internal division
- Programs may involve a mix of in-bound OEM/ODM, remote
development and support teams, internal development and support
teams, out-bound OEM (major customer), board level designs,
software only programs, and chip level products.
- Fulfill responsibilities under ISO 9001 and 14001; understand
and fully support IS0 system.
- Comply with Health and Safety requirements of Belkin.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Understand and follow company rules and regulations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned and required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree with an engineering and /or related business
(MIS, etc.) concentration
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or technical graduate
degree is a plus
- Proven leadership in achieving successful product launches
- Eight years of program management experience required
- A minimum of four years of experience in a role as a
successful, demonstrated program manager with involvement from
initial concept through product delivery.
- Program management experience should include:
- Background and technical strength in one or more of the
following - software, hardware, test/QA, hardware engineering,
WiFi, computer systems, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple concurrent programs
(usually at different stages of the life cycle)
- Ability to lead and manage multi-disciplinary teams in a matrix
- Understanding of program requirements involving internal and
external customers and the ability to communicate these to multiple
- Ability to develop program plans with concentration on meeting
product performance, development of budgets and schedule goals
- Demonstration of collaborative team building skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a productive manner
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Proven ability to build collaboration among team members
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Proficiency in technical documentation and bug tracking tools
(WiKi, JIRA, etc.) is a plus
- Proficiency in a PLM toolkit software is a plus
- Proficiency in Mandarin Chinese is preferred
What you're getting into
We've got big collaborative spaces for your big ideas, so bring
an open mind and leave your suit in the closet. We all are
committed to creating unique and rewarding consumer experiences.
Everyone is interested in succeeding - for the team, for themselves
and for the business. Cross-functionally and across the company,
everyone has common goals and aspires to be their best.
You will learn something new or at least look at things
differently every day. There are so many smart and creative people
around that you'll be motivated to pursue the ideal.
Team spirit is infectious. Belkin is an extremely open
workplace, where communication is essential. Not every idea will be
accepted, but you'll be asked for your point of view. Innovation
thrives on multiple and varied levels. At Belkin we challenge
conventional wisdom and refuse to accept that something cannot be
We are committed to diversity. Belkin is an Equal Opportunity
and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
All candidates applying for a job in the EMEA region, please
review the Applicant Privacy notice HERE
Keywords: Belkin Corporation, Irvine , Senior Program Manager, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!