Software Development Engineer
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Are you interested in automatically customizing every Amazon
experience for every customer on any device? Do you enjoy
corralling massive amounts of distributed data to create meaningful
information? Do you think targeting should be more than just
advertising? If these things appeal to you, then the Customer
Targeting team is for you! We are seeking experienced software
engineers to help us change the game on how the world thinks of
targeted content and tackle problems that haven't been solved
The Targeting team matches content to customers across all of
Amazon's businesses and channels. Our systems operate at a massive
scale and rely heavily on data aggregation, data mining, and
machine learning. These techniques allow us to provide a high
degree of accuracy in getting the right content to the right
customer - and driving significant increases in our business
objectives as a result.
The ideal candidate for this has excellent problem-solving
skills, a solid understanding of computer science fundamentals, a
customer-focused mindset, and a proven track record of on-time
delivery. They are familiar with machine learning, service-oriented
architectures, and distributed data and services.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such
as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and
design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of
new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design and
data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity
- Ability to take a project from scoping through launch
- Experience building large-scale multi-tiered distributed
- Knowledge of professional software development lifecycle
engineering practices including coding standards, code review
practices, source control management, build processes, testing, and
- Experience communicating with users, technical teams, and
management to collect requirements, describe software product
features, and review technical designs.
- Experience with large data sets (>1TB), Spark, and MapReduce
a strong plus.
- Experience supporting a high volume, low-latency (>100K
requests per second, <100ms latency) web service a strong
- Advanced degree in Computer Science with a strong Mathematical
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Irvine , Software Development Engineer, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!