Company: The Kemtah Group
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Company is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of
motion and control technologies and systems, providing
precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile,
industrial and aerospace markets.
Pay Rate: up to $50/hr
Administers assigned contracts of moderate scope and complexity
to ensure fulfillment of contractual obligations. Defines
requirements, generates and provides input for proposals,
negotiates pricing and terms, monitors contract performance and
ensures compliance with contract requirements.
Determines customer contractual requirements for new products
and/or systems (i.e. Proposals that include engineering design and
system hardware) and other specialized assignments.
Has responsibilities for Order Management comprised of: Limited
order entry, schedule changes, portal management, creations of
Demand Plans as part of Sales and Operating Plan (S&OP),
customer communication and PO/Contract review and analysis.
Individual contributor role typically reporting to a Contract
Manager or Lead position. Has regular interaction within and across
teams and with customers.
- Administers specialized and/or major contracts by analyzing
performance requirements and customer purchase order requirements
including those issued against Basic Contract Agreements and/or
Long-Term Agreements. Analyses include performance to delivery
schedules, pricing, terms and conditions and other contract
- Determines technically and commercially compliant proposal
packages of diverse scope and complexity for major customers in
response to customer and contract requirements. Evaluates
performance requirements, delivery schedules, and estimates of
costs of material, equipment, and labor hours.
- Initiates bid process by identifying requirements and
coordinating input from other functions. Develops responses to
requests for proposal (RFP) of difficult scope and complexity by
reviewing bid process procedures, reviewing material, test, and
other requirements, and preparing appropriate responses. Prepares
and submits complex proposals.
- Negotiates complex contract requirements in accordance with
legal and company regulations and policies. Negotiates price, terms
and conditions, deliveries, and other business issues within scope
of responsibility. Ensures contract provisions are clear and
conform to company policy.
- Investigates and resolves claims or complaints by collecting
and analyzing information. Coordinates with relevant functions on
technical and/or quality issues, data requirements, and other
business issues as applicable.
- Monitors contract performance by determining compliance to
contract requirements and determining the need for amendments or
extensions to the contract. Determines when customer directed
changes are out-of-scope.
- May be responsible for division or site export compliance
administration and training to ensure company data and intellectual
property meets all regulatory requirements.
- Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and
making comparative analyses. Analyzes proposed changes in methods
- Acts as the point of contact with the customer on assigned
contracts and participates in customer presentations.
- Maintains current professional and technical knowledge and may
participate in professional associations (e.g. The National
Contract Management Association NCMA or the International
Association of Commercial Contract Management).
Complies with the federal, state, and aerospace industry
regulations; ensures adherence to requirements and advises
management on needed actions.
- May provide guidance to others in contracts, a related
function, or a business team. Acts as prime contact on high level
projects. Shares specialized knowledge with others; trains and
mentors less experienced employees.
- Bachelor"s degree (BA) in Business Administration or a related
discipline. Contract management certification preferred (e.g.,
National Contract Management Association (NCMA); International
Association of Commercial Contract Management (IACCM) unless JD or
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the
job typically acquired through six or more years of progressive
- Thorough knowledge of contract administration principles,
industry practices, regulations, and policies. Knowledge of legal
and regulatory requirements related to contract administration, and
government contracting, if applicable.
- Training from a professional organization in export control
(e.g., Export Compliance Training Institute (ECTI) preferred.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of corporate and division
policies and administrative procedures.
- Proficient in the use of standard business applications
software and specialized in-house and customer systems.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret policies and contracts
and recommend changes to procedures.
- Ability to respond to significant inquiries or complaints from
customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business
- Ability to negotiate effectively to obtain best prices and
terms on products, materials, and services.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to
team members, team leaders, customers, and top management.
Keywords: The Kemtah Group, Irvine , Contracts Administrator, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!