Software Development Manager
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Are you a software development leader who wants to build a
strategic area in a fast-growing part of Amazon?
In this role, you'll lead a team of engineers to design,
develop, test, launch, and support software and services. You'll
partner directly with business leaders, product managers,
operations leaders, and users in the field to shape ideas into real
products and systems. You and your team will work across the entire
technical spectrum of projects, from infrastructure, to back-end
services, to front-end experiences on web and mobile. You'll need
to design your services for rapid growth, and build them to be
extensible and maintainable for accelerated development. The
systems you own power critical, tier-1 production applications, and
you'll be integrating with key internal partners.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead large, complex projects, breaking them down into iterative
milestones and delivering predictably and on time.
- Work with product managers, customers, and stakeholders to
development functional requirements for new products and
enhancements for existing products.
- Manage detailed roadmaps aligned with your team's and
organization's strategy and vision.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs as new opportunities are
identified throughout the year, including balancing trade-offs
between customer experience, performance, and operational
- Proactively identify and resolve issues both technical and
- Own the overall software development lifecycle for your team's
platforms, services, and projects.
- Partner with Senior and Principal Engineers to develop
effective, scalable, robust, and high-performance technical
architectures and designs.
- Enforce best practices for software development, testing, and
continuous deployment to deliver high-quality products on tight
- Maintain rigorous operational excellence hygiene with your team
and across the engineering organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 6+ years Software Development experience
- Master's degree in computer science or a related field
- Hands-on experience in developing and supporting large-scale,
- Proven track record in building effective teams and experience
hiring and retaining software engineers and managers
- Strong project management skills, preferably with experience in
an agile development environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid track record for delivery of high quality products
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Irvine , Software Development Manager, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!