Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Under direct supervision, performs routine food preparation,
tray assembly, serving duties & delivery according to prescribed
production schedules & established procedures. Responsible for
maintaining sanitation of food service work areas and/or food
- Upholds KP's Policies & Procedures, Principles of
Responsibilities, & applicable state, federal & local laws.
- Assembles all food & non-food items for patient trays,
cafeteria and/or catering services.
- Delivers food carts w/patient meals/catered meals & nourishment
to appropriate pantries & meeting rooms.
- Collects soiled meal dishes after meal services & returns them
to dish room.
- Ensures quality & appearance of all food & non-food items,
ensures proper storage of food & non- food items following Hazard
Analysis Critical Control Policy (HACCP) guidelines.
- Cleans, sanitizes & maintains all dishes, food delivery carts,
equipment, work areas, & pantry food stations.
- Maintains proper stock levels in own work area including taking
& filing of inventory & disposal of outdated foods.
- Utilizes effective communications including telephone
conversations w/ patient's, doctors, & members, vendors, staff, &
- Collects & maintains written information including logs, menus,
slips, charts, forms, requisitions, filing & scheduling
- May provide training & orientation.
Pay Grade: 03
- HS Diploma/GED and/or equivalent experience.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and follow written and
oral instructions in English.
- Ability to lift or move by other means items weighing up to
50lbs, carry items weighing 25lbs or more and push/pull carts
weighing 100lbs or more.
- Two (2) years in a food service establishment (hospital, school
cafeteria, nursing home restaurant), preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of hospital food service
- This is an on call position, days and hours may vary.
Primary Location: California,Irvine,Orange Co Irvine Medical
Center Scheduled Weekly Hours: 1 Shift: Evening Workdays: Mon, Tue,
Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun, Working Hours Start: 4:30 PM Working Hours
End: 8:30 PM Job Schedule: Call-in/On-Call Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation:
B01|SEIU|Local 399 Job Level: Entry Level Department: Food and
Nutrition Services Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal
opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be
considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and
state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but
not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance
Click here for additional requirements >
Share This Job
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Irvine , Kitchen Worker, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!