R&D Program Manager
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Program Manager (PM) has the responsibility of partnering
closely with cross functional project and leadership teams to
ensure project scope, timeline, resources, and activities remain
connected and coordinated, and are consistently communicated across
the organization. The PM actively drives aligned priorities and
facilitates execution to achieve project and business
- Facilitates cross-functional teams in achieving assigned
projects/programs in compliance with Quality System
- Leads planning efforts to develop project scope, contract, and
schedule in conjunction with the team and project leader to achieve
the project goals. Translates objectives and preliminary plan into
a detailed project plan to include work breakdown, resource
requirement, and schedule. Identifies critical path and project
risks. Develops contingency plans. Works with team leader to
develop budgets in line with the plan.
- Identifies and drives resolution of issues /schedule delays.
Identifies potential bottlenecks. Facilitates alignment between the
project and business teams.
- Manages project execution to achieve project and business
requirements through monitoring project contract adherence and
proactively addressing issues to minimize their impact to project
scope, schedule, and cost. Develops/tracks/maintains activity
timelines to support key tasks, activities, decisions,
deliverables, and milestones.
- Develops and maintains project and resource allocation
schedules, manages design control documentation and DHF, and
assists in the coordination of cross-functional execution. Assesses
resource allocations and as needed makes recommendation to the
appropriate functions to reallocate resources as required for issue
- Continuously monitors and manages plan to optimize efficient
execution. Captures and reports on project performance measures and
key metrics. Identifies capacity requirement plan and communicates
any gaps on current allocations.
- Schedules and leads the Phase and Design Reviews and publishes
associated documents, working with the project team to prepare
agenda and materials.
Ensures project activities are connected and coordinated and may
maintain alignment between multiple projects within the
- Facilitates effective communications with project and
leadership team. This includes timely, unbiased communication of
project status and issues.
- Identifies, manages, and efficiently communicates program
progress and status, including changes in project scope or
- Facilitates communications and prepares presentations for
management updates. Conducts project updates with management in a
Facilitates cross-functional and cross-project communications
and coordination within the team and across functions / support
- Participates in development, implementation, and continuous
improvement of project management tools in accordance with Quality
System requirements and for refinement of the PDP process.
- Captures/disseminates best practices for product development
across project teams.
- Drive continuous improvement of process from project-to-project
and across the portfolio.
- Develops / shares tools with other program managers and team
members to enhance team performance.
- Bachelor's degree required, preference in engineering or a
science discipline; PMP certification preferred.
- Minimum of seven years of relevant experience with Endovascular
products, medical device development or other highly regulated
industries. Experience with FDA, ISO, GMP and design control
regulation. Experience in successfully leading projects or
Keywords: Endologix, Irvine , R&D Program Manager, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!