Director, Engineering, Core Data Business Intelligence
Company: Google Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
- Relevant engineering degree or equivalent practical
- 15 years of experience in engineering, including management
experience leading engineering organizations.
- Technical experience in scaling systems.
- Experience in recruiting engineering talent, mentoring their
teams, and collaborating with senior stakeholders across an
- Experience in building highly scalable systems, including data
- Experience in lifecycle data rollouts at scale, promoting
product excellence and collaboration.
- Passion for technology and technical depth to uncover root
causes of complex technical problems and provide guidance on
- Track record of delivering on open-ended, ambiguous
About the job
As the Director for Core Data Business Intelligence, you will
lead the strategy and evolution of our next generation business
intelligence suite for Google. Our Business Intelligence (BI)
platform enables self-service data discovery, analysis,
exploration, presentation, sharing, pipelining, and augmented
analysis. You will also be accountable for leading Google's
metadata catalog and ecosystem which aims to make data easier to
use, safer, and more helpful. Together these systems serve the
business-critical data analysis and management needs of hundreds of
teams across Google, including Sales, all major Product Engineering
teams, and analyst teams like Google Ads, Search, YouTube
Analytics, Google Play Analytics, and Google Cloud.
The Core team builds the technical foundation behind Google's
flagship products. We are owners and advocates for the underlying
design elements, developer platforms, product components, and
infrastructure at Google. These are the essential building blocks
for excellent, safe, and coherent experiences for our users and
drive the pace of innovation for every developer. We look across
Google's products to build central solutions, break down technical
barriers and strengthen existing systems. As the Core team, we have
a mandate and a unique opportunity to impact important technical
decisions across the company.
- Own and set the strategy, roadmap, and implementation for BI
and metadata, balancing short- and long-term priorities against the
- Partner closely with both internal peers and client
stakeholders to create, align, drive and deliver daring solutions
with our clients.
- Lead and enable high delivery of key mission focused objectives
and drive delivery of some big bets.
- Lead a team of highly-talented engineers and operate as an
inspiring, effective people leader within a growing
- Manage and build the infrastructure for the current BI
platform, maintaining the same high quality service provided to
products across Google. Work closely with teams across Google to
help in building the infrastructure, systems, and solutions that
are used throughout Google for our evolving business intelligence
and metadata needs.
Keywords: Google Inc., Irvine , Director, Engineering, Core Data Business Intelligence, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!