Sr. Dimensional Validation Engineer
Company: Karma Automotive
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Southern California-based Karma is more than just a car company.
Although we are best known as a creator of soul-stirring luxury
electric vehicles, Karma has emerged as a high-tech incubator
offering innovators a perfect platform to prove their emerging
technologies. Every Revero is designed at our Headquarters in
Irvine and created with great individual care and world-class
craftsmanship at the Karma Innovation and Customization Center in
Moreno Valley, CA.
The Sr. Dimensional Validation Engineer is responsible for the
following: Leading the development of dimensional validation
process for different systems and subsystems within a given
architecture. Create measurement point routines to validate
critical requirements developed on drawings. Analyze data from
supplier and assembly plant builds to assess capability of meeting
dimensional requirements required to meet complete DTS of complete
build. Proficient in CM4D and 3DCS dimensional analysis software.
Responsible for all Meisterbuck validation events. Support assembly
plant and manufacturing on all build issue resolution projects and
quality improvement projects.
- Develop, validate and incorporate total vehicle Geometric
Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) requirements
- Lead design and production of all assembly fixtures used in
body shop and general assembly
- Assist manufacturing with assembly line layouts and total
vehicle production by providing relative dimensional input,
direction and support
- Track and report on all program dimensional specification
requirements and progress towards 100% compliance
- Define preliminary dimensional control plan including datum's,
drawing requirements, and measurement point routine for KPC part
- Resolve dimensional specifications not meeting established
targets to meet 100% compliance
- Concept to launch program execution, with an emphasis in
Dimensional Engineering experience.
- Design for Manufacturing, Best Practices, Exterior/Interior
Development Processes, Packaging, Continuous Improvement and
Aesthetic Design knowledge are required
- Dimensional Engineering software capabilities: CM4D, 3DCS
- Create 3DCS analysis virtual models for BIW, exterior, and
interior trim in order to simulate assembly process and predict
main sources of variation of the system. Drive recommendations to
reduce variation and balance requirements
- CAD & PDM capabilities, specifically CATIA V5 & SmarTeam
- PPAP and APQP experience; PFMEA experience required
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors' in Engineering and/or a combination of directly
related working experience
- ASME Y 14.5 2009 standard experience and preferably
- Ability to travel both nationally and internationally
- Plant validation experience in body shop and general
- Metrology experience with Leica scanner and Romer
ArmStatistical problem solving techniques; Statistical process
control - 6Sigma, X Red, Kaizen training
- Strong understanding of product design, vehicle assembly and
- Process capability studies, Gage R&R, PFMEA
- Experience in Body-In-White Data Analyzer/Vision Monitoring
system used to solve dimensional variation problems
- Minimum 3 years' experience in dimensional management and
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015)
and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as
NO 3rd Parties, Principals Only, Please
Come and join the great Karma Team, where you can make a career!
Karma Automotive offers a complete benefits package including
medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD; paid vacation, holidays
and personal days; and a 401K with matching contributions.
Relocation assistance is available.
Karma Automotive LLC is an equal employment opportunity (EEO)
employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender
identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status,
pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national
origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic
information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and
group protected by applicable law. Karma Automotive LLC complies
with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to
all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability.
Valid driver's license may be required based on essential
Keywords: Karma Automotive, Irvine , Sr. Dimensional Validation Engineer, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!