Materials Engineer - Aluminum
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we
build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what's possible, never
simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old
problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that
are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a
love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern
California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo
Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as
a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Primary responsibility includes selecting, developing, and
specifying cast and forged aluminum alloys for various automotive
- Providing engineering supports through design reviews and
DFMEA, including system durability
- Providing manufacturing and quality guidance based on PFMEA on
component fabrication, including heat treatment
- Provide materials modelling supports for virtual engineering,
including Durability and other Multiphysics simulations
- Providing failure analyses and solution on metallic parts and
- Providing material validation to specification and
- S/M.S./Ph.D. in Metallurgical Engineering, Materials
- 7+ years practical experiences in aluminum-related
metallurgical material development and testing
- Self-motivated. Ability to work both independently and in a
- Very organized and detail oriented in documentation, reporting,
and cross functional data management
- Exceptional communication skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices
laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, genetic information or
characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic
partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is
accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability
or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with
Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the
search and application process, please email us at
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our
Candidate Privacy Notice.
Keywords: Rivian, Irvine , Materials Engineer - Aluminum, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!