Senior Manager of Business Intelligence
Company: GAN PLC
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Senior Manager of Business Intelligence
GAN is a leading business-to-business supplier of internet
gambling software-as-a-service solutions predominantly to the U.S.
land-based casino industry. GAN has developed a proprietary
internet gambling enterprise software system, GameSTACK, which it
licenses to land-based casino operators as a turnkey technology
solution for regulated real money internet gambling, encompassing
internet gaming, internet sports gaming and virtual Simulated
The Business Intelligence team is responsible for unlocking the
data and insights necessary to support the continued transformation
of GAN into a modern, digitally enabled NASDAQ company. This role
is an integral part of the company's success by owning enterprise
reporting and self-service data delivery to ensure GAN's leaders
have access to KPI tracking, dashboards, and reporting to promote
critical thinking and insightful business decisions.
This role reports to the Senior Director, Financial Reporting.
The Business Intelligence Sr. Manager is responsible for
establishing enterprise BI solutions that deliver diverse reporting
and analytic capabilities for all of GAN. He/she brings extreme
passion and advocacy to building a culture of data driven decision
making through outstanding information delivery solutions. He/she
leads business intelligence for GAN to ensure enterprise BI
solutions are reliable, scalable, flexible, low maintenance and
above all provide the key insights to the right people at the right
time. We are looking for a leader to drive a team in building out
our business intelligence platform, to build and support long term
business intelligence strategy. He/she will be responsible for
leading a team in all facets of architecture, design and delivery
of reporting and data self-service solutions. This manager will own
the full suite of Business Intelligence reporting solutions within
the Microsoft BI stack, including PowerBI, while collaborating with
the leadership team on the overall architecture and self-service
strategy. The team will create an exception digital data experience
for all users.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
- Be the advocate of BI and Enterprise Reporting for data driven
decision making across GAN through strategic leadership and
- Build and lead a small team responsible for the end-to-end
ownership of business intelligence reporting, including delivery of
high-quality data self-service and reporting solutions, aligning to
the overall BI strategy and GAN strategic objectives.
- Design and build BI strategies for strong user experience and
adoption while providing data and insights to drive key business
- Consolidate and visually present Enterprise-wide information
for the Executives and Management teams by closely working with
them to define scope, project plans and schedules across the BI
- Contribute as a thought leader in identifying key performance
metrics for the company
- Clearly communicate and drive discussions on data, insights,
context, and implications with your business partners
- Drive innovation on development of tools, reporting
improvements and automation, and create new insightful ways to
- Efficiently manage the reporting environments to ensure meeting
customer needs and supportability, scalability, and stability
- Understand end-to-end data interactions, dependencies, and
transformations across all data pipelines and how they impact
- Responsible for the integrity of the information by ensuring it
is accurate, complete, valuable, and presented in the best format
that is easily digestible through dashboards and reports
- Ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction through your
implementation, investigation, analysis, training, and relationship
- Have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering,
Math, Finance, Statistics, or related discipline, or an equivalent
in education and experience.
- 5+ years of team leadership experience as a senior person at a
- Possess extreme passion for using data and visualization to
uncover insights and drive business performance
- Experience building Executive and Management level
- Deep understanding of traditional and cloud based BI
infrastructure including decision support systems theory, dashboard
and metrics development, data architecture, data modeling, and
- 5+ years of experience using BI reporting tools, including
creation and automation of enterprise scaled dashboards, reports,
scorecards, and ad-hoc reporting solutions.
- Experience in managing, designing, and delivering large cross
functional custom reporting solutions preferably in Power BI.
- 3+ years leading technical business intelligence teams with a
strong track record in delivering results in a rapidly changing,
fast paced environment.
- Ability to convey complex ideas clearly and to communicate with
both technical and non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with concepts of Gaming and Gambling
- Advanced capabilities in data analytics, data mining and SQL,
preferably MS SQL/TSQL.
- Have experience using agile methodologies and tracking tools
- Demonstrate ownership of outcomes vs. tasks.
- Strong commitment to data governance and security.
Personal Skillset Requirements:
- Strong emotional IQ (EQ) and demonstrated ability to create
relationships with new people quickly and easily and manage those
relationships effectively over time
- High-energy, result driven, self-motivated manager with strong
Leadership, Project Management and Analytical skills
- Attention to detail to ensure the highest level of
quality/rigor in solutions.
- Strong problem-solving skills, logically and
- Ability to multi-task in an effective manner and to work
successfully in a fast-paced and data rich environment.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
coupled with solid listening, facilitation, and presentation
No significant travel requirements
GAN operates in a highly regulated environment, and candidate
may be required to obtain an occupational gaming license in one or
more U.S. states, which includes an application of personal data, a
criminal and credit check, and fingerprints. GAN will cover all
costs and provide access to an Identity Protection program.
Keywords: GAN PLC, Irvine , Senior Manager of Business Intelligence, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!