GIS Specialist (Field Based)
Posted on: June 8, 2021
ERMis hiring a GIS Specialistto join our team in southern
California. The entry level GIS Specialist will join an existing
team of professionals to leverage geospatial technologies in
support of our core services. These include impact assessment,
environmental planning and permitting, energy infrastructure
studies, health and safety, and site investigation and remediation
related services. This is a full-time, limited-term, 1-year
consulting role with the possibility of renewal.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team to ensure GIS and data
deliverables meet or exceed our clients' needs.
- Plan, design, implement, and maintain large, complex, multiyear
- Organize and manage project data, analysis, and mapping
following company protocols and industry best practices.
- Prioritize, organize, perform, and direct numerous work
assignments in a fast-paced, client-oriented environment.
- Author and edit geoprocessing scripts and tools with python and
- Generate custom maps and analysis for numerous clients covering
a variety of projects.
- Publish and maintain ArcGIS web-based map services and
- Develop and deploy field GPS and data collection systems
including Trimble GPS and Esri mobile applications.
- Expand GIS capabilities by exploring new technologies and
software, plus ways to improve existing methods, tools, and
- Bachelor's degree in geography, GIS, natural sciences or
- Experience using Esri's ArcGIS 10x and ArcGIS Pro suite of
- Experience designing and developing ArcGIS Online web maps and
customized web apps utilizing ArcGIS Server.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, keen orientation
to detail, and an eye for professional presentation and aesthetics
in project deliverables (maps, charts, graphs, tables, and other
- Previous experience working effectively with others in a team
environment to deliver quality projects on time and within
- Thorough knowledge of the technical application, concepts,
principles, and theories in GIS and GPS.
- Self-motivated, quick learning, curious, resourceful, flexible
individual with a common-sense approach to conducting business and
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master's degree in GIS.
- Advanced experience with data management including organizing
and maintaining complex projects containing geospatial and tabular
data, mxds, custom tools and toolboxes, analysis output, maps, and
SQL enterprise geodatabases.
- Experience using ArcGIS Pro in a production setting, creating
Python geoprocessing tools for ArcPro, and designing queries in
- Experience building, deploying, and supporting Esri mobile
applications such as Collector, Survey123, Field Maps, and
- Experience gathering GPS data with Trimble GPS hardware and
software and data processing with GPS Pathfinder Office
- Experience with subsurface 3D modeling with geochemical and
other forms of sample data.
Keywords: ERM, Irvine , GIS Specialist (Field Based), Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!