Cox Automotive is hiring an experienced Principal Technical
Architect for our Inventory Management Solutions (IMS) portfolio
group at our Kelly Blue Book (KBB) office in Irvine, CA.
Cox Automotive offers the chance to take a leading role in the
digital revolution of the automotive industry. We are on a journey
to transform our product portfolio into a broad offering of
reusable services delivered in the cloud, enabling the rapid
delivery of industry-leading experiences that customers love.
Architects are the technology change agents delivering this
modernization and innovation. They are energetic influencers that
enable world-class solutions for key Cox Automotive business
domains including vehicle valuation, acquisition, pricing,
inventory management, and merchandising.
Learn more about Cox Automotive
As an Architect for Inventory Management Solutions (IMS), you
will drive the design of next-generation Cox-wide common services
and customer-facing software-as-a-service applications including
owning the success of:
- Cloud native applications in AWS
- Application modernization to microservices
- Portfolio rationalization that consolidates back end systems
and duplicative integrations
- Business, product, and engineering collaborations
- Technical standards definition
- New technology adoption
- Meeting performance, availability, scalability, reliability,
maintainability and security SLAs
- Serve as a cloud technology thought leader.
- Partner with architecture and engineering leaders to drive
alignment on the right balance between consistency and flexibility
in our cloud adoption approach.
- Define and maintain a rationalized catalog of technologies,
patterns, and processes to help teams chart their cloud adoption
journey while achieving both functional and non-functional
- Identify and prioritize engineering enablement opportunities to
help accelerate this journey.
- Support the architecture and engineering organization as teams
develop target-state architectures and execute on product roadmaps
that include cloud-related technology.
- Develop and advocate for technology guidelines that enable
teams to deliver solutions meeting industry, vendor, and/or
enterprise standards and best practices.
- Serve as a liaison to the broader enterprise on cloud-related
topics - socializing patterns, sharing successes, and acting as the
primary point of contact for our Cloud Business Office (CBO).
- Build software prototypes as necessary to validate architecture
approaches and assess emerging technologies.
- 3+ years of experience with architecting and engineering AWS
- 5+ years of working experience as a solution or technical
- 10+ years of experience in software development for mid-size to
- At ease advocating for technical solutions and enjoy the
challenge of influencing others
- Ability to write high-quality blog posts and technical
- Ability to represent Cox Automotive in the industry through
- Ability to serve as a technology mentor, facilitating the
growth of Cox Automotive colleagues
- Ability to manage conflict and maintain productive working
- Hand-on AWS cloud-native application design and architecture
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or
Electrical Engineering or relevant industry experience
- Ability to code in any language using any technology stack
- SQL and NoSQL database technologies
- Distributed systems
- Docker, Kubernetes, and other container technologies
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of
every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation,
client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and
owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more
than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the
best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry
forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer
brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are
creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like
Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark
since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying
true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for
growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary
divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a
new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse
broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive
transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators.
We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare
to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next
generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our
leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are
today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common
purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance
(medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid
days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness
days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be
offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally
engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our
applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or
send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.