Senior Financial Analyst
Company: Brown & Brown, INC.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
We are seeking a talented, experienced Benefits Financial
Analyst to add to our stellar team. Hays is building a team of
positive, self-starting, and supportive individuals and we are
seeking to hire remarkable people to uphold those values and join
our Hays family. If you're looking for a position with loads of
opportunity, then look no further than Hays. We are growing quickly
and are always looking for motivated individuals to join our
Assists Consulting Team in servicing the benefit consulting
needs of the employee benefit clients. Utilizes technical expertise
to retain clients by providing financial expertise. Role includes
evaluating financial and utilization metrics for clients including
but not limited to monthly financial reports, utilization metrics
and benchmarks as well as assist negotiating renewal proposals and
preparing and recommending plan changes and/or alternative funding
- Monitor monthly financials for client including entry of data
into client exhibits.
- Prepare and send monthly financial reports to clients with
analysis of activity and large claim detail.
- Prepare alternative financial/underwriting exhibits as
requested including but not limited to financial projections, large
claim analysis, specific stop loss analysis, claim trends, IBNR,
- Attend meetings with clients to deliver results and discuss
customer financial implications of analyses.
- Work with Consulting team to develop reporting requirements and
any deviations or customizations in those reports.
- Coordinates and executes the implementation of new client
custom reporting packages.
- Assists Service team in preparing requests for proposals and
renewals of benefit coverages.
- Assists Consultant with review of contracts, summary plan
descriptions, agreements, etc., for accuracy.
- Works with clients and markets to answer questions and resolve
issues. Periodically will be expected to handle direct phone calls
and inquiries from clients pertaining to financial
- Confers with Consultants to identify, plan, and develop methods
and procedures to obtain greater efficiency and effectiveness of
- Maintains knowledge of compliance and regulations in the
- Participate in prospective client finalist presentations to
represent the Hays financial strategy and role expectation as part
of the team. This may include performing demographic analyses,
claims reviews, and other projects on prospective clients to assist
Sales team in pursuit of prospect.
- Participate in market meetings, seminars and training programs
- Prepare and conduct all marketing and renewals for both small
and large groups and fully insured and self-funded accounts.
- Negotiate renewals and ASO contracts.
- Create monthly claims reports and IBNR's for all self-funded
- Performs miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned. This
may include involvement in presentations, client functions and
- Minimum of college degree or equivalent. Financial/Mathematics
or Business degree strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in healthcare industry or similar
- A general understanding and knowledge of the employee benefits
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently and exercise judgment.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of Hays systems and
- Strong computer skills utilizing the Microsoft Office products:
Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Email, and Corel.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and a proactive approach to
meeting client financial requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the
diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.
Keywords: Brown & Brown, INC., Irvine , Senior Financial Analyst, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!